Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mitchell-Banks II Heading To Broner Bill on Feb. 16th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the only reason this fight is happening is GBP is obviously going to pay Banks handsomely. this wasn't a major title fight(regional belt)but it was an eliminator. banks could of moved on but he obviously thought about the money & HBO exposure. he will get paid more fighting a rematch then he would have got being in a final eliminator on another network. i'm pretty sure this rematch is not an eliminator. risky fight for banks but he hasn't exactly been getting big paydays boxing the last few years. he's gotten his sporadic fights vs domestic level opponents & been a sparring partner & worked with the klitschko brothers in their camps. another win over HBO's house HW will do him good but at the same time if he were to lose the rematch his stock would drop considerably. i'd take the payday because i doubt he will fight wladimir if he is his trainer & best friend.
    Last edited by joe strong; 12-13-2012, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathknight88 View Post
      Very different situations. Lennox Lewis even than was considered a very elite heavyweight with ATG Potential. Mccall was a genetic freak with a chin that can't be cracked and a monster punch. Lewis actually did make the count and weather or not he could have survived is up for debate.

The REASON he didn't get a immediate rematch was because he swapped to Steward. If that was a Steward Led Lennox who was upsetted(rahman) he would have just leapt right into the rematch and beat Mccall to death.

Mitchell isn't swapping trainers, he don't have a 10th of Lewis's skills and if he can't beat Banks even now, he won't be beating any top 5 in the future. Banks is not a genetic freak, he don't have a Mccall chin, he will most likely get knocked out or lose a decision.

Mitchell isn't anyone special, but Banks is only slightly better, he's just much more experienced .Mccall will actually work through both and ko them in Pacquaio fashion.
      the funny thing about lweis\mccall was steward was training mccall when he beat lewis but obviously steward saw a chance of a lifetime when he watched lennox. he just needed finishing much like wlad when manny took over. after the byrd fight i believe manny said wlad would not lose another fight...

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
        Intentional headbutts, holding. Ward is a dirty fighter, and his hometown referee let him get away with giving Kessler longtime damage inflicted by headbutts
        This is just bitter nonsense. Yes there were a couple of accidental butts. Only one looked intentionable and that was questionable. Ward flat out beat Kessler and did it pretty easily. As far as the ref goes....is there any proof he was at all corrupt?

Comment

Working...
        X