Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wish boxing had a clear cut point system instead of an opinion of one's perception

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah but it'd be almost impossible we can both land the same shot mine bigger then yours vice versa how you gonna score that in a big I mean it's not difficult to score a fight

Clean effective punches
    Ring general ship
    Defense
    And then punches landed if the rounds close to close since I don't like 10-10 rounds

Comment

Propose a scoring system to remove subjectiveness from scoring a fight and I'll tell you why it wouldn't work.

They tried to do this in the ams, with the 'counted punches' scoring system, only to find that that's just as open to personal interpretation, and have now returned to the must system.

The ten point 'must' system has always appeared a bizarre means of scoring a fight to me, but I've not been able to think up a system which would provide more objective results or that would remove accusations of bias or personal preference towards either a fighter or fighting style.

The only way to make a fight result clear cut would be to return to the days of 'last man standing', which ain't gonna happen (and nor should anyone wish it to) or perhaps to turn the sport into some high tech sparring game with full body sensors to detect the exact placement and power of every punch (which sounds to me nearly as bad as the first option).

Like I said to begin - propose a scoring system and I'll tell you why it won't work, though I think every fan of the sport understands your frustration with scoring as it currently stands.

Comment

We should have 15-round fights again, to make it possible to beat Canelo by UD

Winning 12 rounds isnt enough, youll only scrape a MD

Comment

It seems like it depends on what fighting style u like when u judge a fight, now I'm a fan who loves action but can appreciate sticking and moving but I like to get fighters and trainers opinions about the fight because they may view it differently from a pro fighters perspective. To me if this fight were against anyone else Lara would have won. Movement troubles canelo and I'm sure after the bell rung inside he kno he didn't win, but to each it's on this definitely isn't the first and won't b the last screwed up score

Comment

How do you do this? lol

Comment

Good god no, then everyone would pitter-patter the **** out of each-other to death. No thanks!

Comment

Just throwing my 2 cents.

Without changing the scoring system , there could be instant highlights displayed to the judges in between rounds. I suppose it'd be doable.

It wouldn't solve the problem, not entirely, but might minimize ridicolous scorecards, unless corruption is involved, of course.

Comment

Accept boxing for what it is. Sports entertainment. The sport needs Canelo and him winning is good for everybody. Without Canelo, Lara doesn't become a millionaire the day before his daughter is born.

It's not easy to get decisions against guys like this. Floyd shut him out and almost got a raw deal. Lara knew what he was getting into. And he's been through this 3 times already and has done nothing to make changes to his game. Judges just don't like too much movement.

The 10 point must system is the best we can do. Its up to the fighters to adapt and know what they are up against.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                    Accept boxing for what it is. Sports entertainment. The sport needs Canelo and him winning is good for everybody. Without Canelo, Lara doesn't become a millionaire the day before his daughter is born.

It's not easy to get decisions against guys like this. Floyd shut him out and almost got a raw deal. Lara knew what he was getting into. And he's been through this 3 times already and has done nothing to make changes to his game. Judges just don't like too much movement.

The 10 point must system is the best we can do. Its up to the fighters to adapt and know what they are up against.
                    I agree man I had Lara winning but it is what it is and I'm not too pissed at the decision.

Comment

This is not rocket science, people are over thinking this. One live score decides the winner that night and it becomes official when scored on tape live through sometime type of internet channel. It's that dam simple. No more bs results

Comment

Working...
                      X