Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Larry Holmes v Lennox Lewis - Who wins and how?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    I think Holmes got this. Lennox was bigger, stronger and hit harder but Holmes was quicker and far more active.

I can see Holmes mixing it up and brawling if he had to, I just don't see Lewis going down the dark alley. He was a bit like Wlad Klit, jumping back with his hands raised when someone got too aggressive and Holmes, for all his skills could be a real dog in a fight. A lot like his idol Ali.
    Great fůckin post. Spot on.

Comment

That Jab of Holmes was the best in heavyweight history and it would have been the difference. Holmes by decision.

Comment

Holmes is probably the best heavyweight ever. That guy is grossly underrated. He would school Lewis no doubt.

Comment

Holmes movement, speed and jab would be a problem for Lewis.

Comment

Lewis' lack of stamina would be his downfall. He slows down significantly by rd. 4-5.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Randy Watson View Post
              Lewis' lack of stamina would be his downfall. He slows down significantly by rd. 4-5.
              Interesting, many on here have Lewis very high up in H2H ratings, i'm pretty sure I havn't seen Holmes on many people's lists...so it's interesting that the majority so far have sided with Holmes. However, he is definitely underrated, and it's easily foreseeable that the jab alone could be the key to him winning this fight.

Comment

Lennox would wear him down in the later rounds, Larry's speed wouldn't count for much as a prime Lennox Lewis isn't going to be threatened much by his speed.

The reason I say so is because you watched Evander Holyfield get pretty much dominated by Lewis, its not easy to brawl with Lewis the only man who really done it effectively was a massive man in Vitali Klitschko...

Larry Holmes is an old breed of heavyweight fighter who would be overwhelmed by the sheer size and not to forget... Lewis knows how to jab aswell.....
                Last edited by M Bison; 01-14-2014, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Randy Watson View Post
                  He said prime vs prime... not Larry Holmes prime vs Lennox past prime...

Comment

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
                    Well, since Lewis is used to the 12 round championship system, he would probably fight at a higher pace to what Holmes may be used to in relation to him being used to 15 rounders and trying to conserve energy for the old 'championship rounds', if Lewis would finish him or get a marginal points win it would after or within 12 but after 15 I think no doubt Holmes would take the W.
                    If you ever watched Holmes, you can see he was damn active over 15 rounds, far more than Lewis was over 12. I don't think the rounds will affect Holmes IMO.

Comment

Working...
                    X