Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Golovkin be able to hurt and/or stop LaMotta?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HWChampion View Post
    Bloody hell Larry you read what you only desire to read. He asked if he had the power to hurt lamotta and if so would he stop him. In no way is he saying, who wins etc. he is simply asking if that scenario described above.

Sime question Larry, does GGG have the power to hurt and stop lamotta. Not would he in a real life. I think GGG possess some mule power that would hurt a lot of mw greats. Not saying in anyway he would beat them because that comparison so early in his career would be stupid.
    Thank you. I have nothing to add.

Comment

Depends on how GGG feels.

He would either destroy La Motta in the early rounds by brutal KO or school him over 15 by thoroughly and completely outboxing him. Its entirely his whim, hes too good, its a new era these days.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
        GGG has yet to even beat a current champion in this era of multiple champions
        Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
        boxing is not about punching power only, there is more to it..it is about when and where you land that punch..plus who has GGG fought of LaMottas caliber??
        GGG is not about punching power only. He is a fine boxer with one of the best amateur records in history and he beat fighters in the amateurs who are top pros today. Because he has yet to beat a fighter as good as LaMotta doesn't mean he couldn't beat him if they fought. Great as he was LaMotta lost a lot of fights and GGG has never come even close to losing. As far as depending on when and where you land that punch goes GGG has the highest KO percentage of any middleweight champ in history. I think he has KOed 16 fighters in a row now. You just don't seem to like this new wave of great fighters coming from Russia and nearby countries very much.

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
          This was more the type of response I was hoping for. Good job.
          Thanks, King Tito.

Comment

GGG could stop Ali so yeah, I think he squashes LaMotta

Comment

I think a guy like Golovkin has the power to stop anyone with the right shot. That being said, LaMotta was a granite chinned monster, and while short (I think his official height lists him at 5'8)had a stocky build and a huge head. He took Robinson's best shots very well and kept fighting with ferocity. Could he hurt him? Sure. Can he stop him? I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                GGG could stop Ali so yeah, I think he squashes LaMotta
                This man knows what's up

Comment

GGG has proven he has the power to hurt anyone if he lands, however hurting someone and stopping them is worlds apart when talking about someone like LaMotta. Fun to think about though.

Comment

If Golovkin failed to stop an ancient punch bag like that he'd be forced to retire from boxing!

Comment

Of course he could,

GGG has a very good punching technique, he surely has enough power to hurt/ stop La Motta.

In my opinion though in this fantasy much up GGG wouldn't be the aggressor, he's more of a boxer puncher.

La Motta would come forward as he always did, make it a fight of toughness.

Golovkin would try to box , but the raging bull was tough. If he manages to get in range and go to the body since the beginning, it'd be a bad night for GGG.

GGG can surely outbox La Motta, even outgun him, but I don't think he could out-tough him in a 12/15 rds war.

Comment

Working...
                      X