No announcement yet.

So about this Floyd-Gamboa matchup

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh, and to pick the fight:

mayweather jr by knockout. he'd eventually hurt gamboa with a counterpunch.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      of course the publicity is good for gamboa

that said, he's not fighting. his career has stagnated, and he's not getting any younger. he's a tiny guy. he's certainly hit his physical peak. not far down the line he'll begin to slow down.
      Or will he? Joan Guzman at the age of 36 still has his speed and reflexes. Maybe not what they used to be but his speed and reflexes at the age of 36 quite frankly amazes me. We can also talk about Martinez. Everyone ages differently and I suppose in a couple of years we will be able to tell where Gamboa is gonna be.

Comment

gamboa would school him. he's too fast for oldy mayweather. it would look like pac-hoya except with gamboa scoring a spectacular ko because floyd doens't have hoya's chin.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          gamboa would school him. he's too fast for oldy mayweather. it would look like pac-hoya except with gamboa scoring a spectacular ko because floyd doens't have hoya's chin.
          Lol I still can't find myself picking Gamboa over Mayweather. If they were both same weight class I would tho... Maybe. Mayweather has too much experience for Gamboa IMO.

Comment

Will it work with any fighter? Cause there's a slot of underrated fighters out there I would like to accuse of being ducked by Floyd just so they can get the publicity they deserve... Nonito Donaire for example

Comment

If he got Gamboa some publicity with this fake 20 million bonus offer it's the first good thing he has done for Gamboa so far. He has done everything else wrong from letting Gamboa sit idle way to long to getting him a meaningless fight that does not do a thing for Gamboa's prestige when he wins. Gamboa is one of my favorites but I am not sure about his future with 50 in charge.

Comment

It's not gonna happen. If it does, Floyd has fun with him and TKO's him at 147. I love Gamboa so I wouldn't want to see that match.

Gamboa vs Pacquiao/Marquez/Bradley/Berto/Rios/Broner/Garcia/Matthysse/Alexander/Judah are all fights i'd like to see Gamboa take at 140-147. Forget Floyd he'd get you seriously paid/known, but also seriously embarrassed.

Comment

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
                  Will it work with any fighter? Cause there's a slot of underrated fighters out there I would like to accuse of being ducked by Floyd just so they can get the publicity they deserve... Nonito Donaire for example
                  Maybe but this is 50 Cent spewing this non sense out so its working/it works.

Comment

Working...
                  X