Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wouldn't it be great if Floyd stopped being a douchbag?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wouldn't it be great if Floyd stopped being a douchbag?

Just stopped being so ignorant, racist, materialistic, insecure, whiny......

Because then we could just enjoy him as one of the greatest boxers ever. His resume doesn't do him justice at all (and yes, it's his own fault).

I know lots of people don't care about his personality. And I have been able to disassociate the boxer from the man with other fighters - but I just can't with this guy, and will never be able to.

And I wish I could, because he is a true virtuoso; such an extraordinary and unique style, with probably the most perfect stance I can remember seeing.

Enjoy your success Floyd, appreciate it - and stop worrying about discrediting Pacquaio and playing up to some pathetic villain imagine. Just be classy like you were last night (apologising to Merchant was pretty cool) and represent boxing in a way befitting of this great sport and your own tremendous talent.

I've been hating on him a lot recently (because of the Costas interview and the recent rant). But last night and today, I get the same feeling I do after every Floyd fight - just a pure appreciation of his skills.

I know he's gonna squander my goodwill soon enough. But I wish he wouldn't.

He and Arum are together stopping the Pacquaio fight. I mean, let's face it, he beats Pac - so just take 50/50, make the goddamn fight, let the sport shine just for a little while.

Quit tripping. I thought Floyd was pretty classy last night.

Comment

Originally posted by educator06 View Post
      Quit tripping. I thought Floyd was pretty classy last night.
      Talk about missing the point.

Originally posted by Ottke's Twin View Post
      Just be classy like you were last night

Comment

Floyd had to be classy last night, and he will continue to be classy, but if there is a PAc fight, the 24-7 is gonna be same ole stuff.

Comment

creepy

Does anybody else find it creepy when Fraud Maynever tries to be charming.........just makes my skin crawl.He's such a naturally loathsome personality it's creepy and disingenuous when he tries being nice. Anyway, he fought a shot fighter(as usual) that Pacman effectively crippled after his beatdown a few years back. Pacman dismantled and stopped him, Pacman dismantled and stopped Oscar, Pacman KO'd Hatton in 2 and Floyd had trouble with all 3. It's not Arum it's Fraud who doesn't want the fight. After that performance last night he knows Pacman will put him o sleep. Fraud actually made a shot, slow fighter look good. Just anoheer rip off from Fraud. Canelo looked awesome though. Mosely and Cotto are all time warriors who should be given all the praise possible for giving a career of grea fights and having the hearts of champions. Fraud needs to be arrested.....oh yeah he's about to be. He should be in with the other animals, thieves, scumbags, wife beaters and child molestors

Comment

I find it pretty funny that he showed up at the press conference and talked on the Pacquiao situation and said, "Y'all are being fooled into thinking I don't want the fight" in the same breath as "I'm trying to make the fight happen, I offered Pacquiao 40 million."

Yes, you did, but you said you were keeping all the pay-per-view revenue. That's crazy. Doesn't he realise that that is INSANE? Pacquiao is, with Floyd, the biggest PPV star in boxing; he is, like Floyd, an international sporting icon whose fights generate tens of millions for the Las Vegas economy and HBO. Why on Earth would such a person agree to being completely cut out of the pay-per-view revenue?

Did he honestly expect Pacquiao to respond, "Forty mill? Wow. OK, you keep all the PPV upside from.... uh.... the BIGGEST, MOST LUCRATIVE fight in....uh.... the HISTORY OF THE SPORT, and I'll take this 40 mill. It's on!"

I mean, the fact that Floyd recycled the drug-testing excuse last night shows how much he just doesn't want to fight Manny, as Manny has now agreed to the testing protocol in its entirety. You recall back in 2010 they agreed on 50-50, but the testing was an issue. Now the testing's not an issue, Floyd's moved the goalposts on the split. Just like he moved the goalposts when Pac agreed to 14 days (at that point Floyd said NO CUT OFFS).

The last three years has been nothing but excuses from Floyd Mayweather, and when he even speaks Pacquiao's name in interviews you can see with your eyes that he's physically trembling, jittery, stuttering, eyes popping out of his head, rambling, incoherent, making stupid statements like 'Where was Manny all these years?!' (He won his first world title FOURTEEN YEARS AGO, the same year you won your first world title, Floyd) and 'He takes his money back to the Phillipines!'

Mayweather was right last night - the fight will never happen. Floyd just cannot overcome his fear of 'the little guy'.

Comment

Working...
            X