No announcement yet.

Another Steroid User: Aaron PRYOR

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Steroid User: Aaron PRYOR

In what promoter Bob Arum nicknamed The Battle of The Champions, Pryor defeated Alexis Arguello by a technical knockout in 14 in front of an HBO audience. The fight was named Fight Of The Year and later the Fight Of The Decade by Ring Magazine.

The fight sparked controversy however, because Pryor's trainer, Panama Lewis, introduced a second water bottle which he described as "the bottle I mixed" after round 13. The boxing press which had been heavily 'promoted' by promoter Bob Arum to support Alexis Arguello, seized upon these few words to claim that Pryor's overwhelming knockout victory in this fight was undeserved. [1]

Adding to the controversy, the Florida State Boxing Commission administered a post-fight urine test which Pryor failed testing positive for steroids. [2] [3]

In 1983, after defending his crown against former WBC world champion Sang Hyun Kim (KO 3), Pryor defended against Arguello again, this time winning by a knockout in 10 rounds in Las Vegas on September 9, 1983, but again tested positive for steroids.

You have to watch those high output guys... usually, it's steroids...

link: http://www.worldlingo.com/ma/enwiki/en/Aaron_Pryor

Damn steroids gave us a Fight of the Decade that ended in a TKO. Why as boxing fans does that upset us? Maybe Arguello should have taken steroids too, if you aint cheatin you aint tryin.

Comment

Never heard of Pryor testing positive for steroids. I suspect it's not true.

Comment

Floyd Mayweather was also a steroid user when he was promoted by Top Rank. True Story

Comment

Originally posted by PinoyZoi View Post
          Floyd Mayweather was also a steroid user when he was promoted by Top Rank. True Story
          Damn TS, I pretty much agree with your stance on the steroid thing but homeboy just killed you thread with this one.

Comment

High output guys ... usually with steroids ???

How many cases can you find? How about Marg , Pwill , Calzaghe? And if you are campaigning for OST, you do realize he was caught with a simple urine test?

Comment

HIGH OUTPUT? Margarito? He must be on some drugs too and I would NOT be surprised. that motherf0ucker used plaster so he must be on drugs for the stamina also....

Comment

Originally posted by tesla_power View Post
                High output guys ... usually with steroids ???

How many cases can you find? How about Marg , Pwill , Calzaghe? And if you are campaigning for OST, you do realize he was caught with a simple urine test?
                That was in the 80s before designer steroids dickhead. Now they have masking agents that make sure it doesn't show in piss tests...

Comment

Originally posted by rskumm21 View Post
                  Damn TS, I pretty much agree with your stance on the steroid thing but homeboy just killed you thread with this one.
                  nah... he killed that boy he just ****ed....

Comment

"Give me the water; not that one, the one I mixed". LOL

Fast forward to 3 minute mark. The guy can't even look at the camera.

Comment

Working...
                    X