Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has there ever been a fighter considered top 3 p4p with a thin resume like GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not just who you have fought, but what you have done against those guys. Take Canelo's resume as an example. For such a young fighter he has an amazing resume. If you consider how washed up some of the names were or how high above their optimal weight class when he met them, it's less impressive. If you consider that he got dominated by a much smaller Mayweather and also had very close fights with B level fighters, it's less impressive.

GGG, on the other hand, has just destroyed pretty much everyone he has faced. Sure they weren't world beaters, but it's clear they had no business being in the ring with him. This is why he is so highly rated and why promoter's like DLH are so terrified of putting their fighter's in with him.

Look at it another way... What kind of record would GG put up against the guys that Canelo has faced? No way he wouldn't walk through every "name" on his resume with the exception of Mayweather. And he'd be a favorite over Mayweather too.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      No he got elevated before the lemieux fight bro....never fought for it

As I said to, Larry. I know this, but the Lemieux fight earned him super status either way. Just seems petty to keep saying he did'nt earn his super status in the ring. When he did.

Had he earned it when he was elevated? Nope
      Has he earned it since? Yes

Comment

Originally posted by b0x
        P4P is based on skill per pound of flesh. Not resume per pound. Boxrec is for records not analysts.... NEXT.
        Brook proved to be more skilled than Bumlovkin and yet he isn't atop anyone's P4P list...

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
          Like I wrote, GGG defeated in ams+pro 6 world champions: Bute, Direll, Geale, Brook, Ouma, Lemieux.

Kovalev didn't, Kovalev has beaten 3 world champions I think, mainly Pascal then an old Popkins who never was great at 175 and was ***** slapped at 175 by Calzaghe 10 years younger.
          Then the Cleverlys and Caparellos of the world, don't get me wrong, Kova is a proven fighter, but so is GGG.

People pretending GGG is untested DKSAB and don't even follow amateur boxing, the matrix.

When you look at ams+pro, GGG defeated a bigger number of serious fighters.
          So the basis GGG beat Geale and Lemieux in the pros you've considered him for p4p top three but the win over Brook really sold you right ?

Kovalev is a much more decorated fighter in the pros, forget your matrix I'm not interested in amateur records contributing towards ring rankings, and as I said I pay ZERO attention to them anyway. It's blatant who the top two guys in the world are and it is going to be evident who the no.1 is in November.

Comment

GGG doesn't have a resume that bad and isn't that much "not tested":

There are the names, but also how you beat them, beating Murray isn't that impressive, but stopping him is truly impressive since a puncher like Abraham or a true SMW like Groves couldn't.
            LMAO

There is nothing at all P4P worthy in stopping a TOMATO CAN with a decent chin.

Comment

I actually like his name "pugs"

Comment

Devil's advocate, who else has knocked out pretty much every single person they've put in front of him and is not named Deontay Wilder or Wlad Klitschko?

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
                  As I said to, Larry. I know this, but the Lemieux fight earned him super status either way. Just seems petty to keep saying he did'nt earn his super status in the ring. When he did.

Had he earned it when he was elevated? Nope
                  Has he earned it since? Yes
                  What the hell is super status other than a belt created to milk more fees from professional boxers ? GGG is holding all those belts when we know he is the no.1 in the division, it's bizarre keeping ahold of them knowing how much he is paying out for them when he's chasing Canelo for yep you guessed it........ Money !

Their is some peculiar logic at large here.

Comment

+ GGG has been amateur for a while and his amateur career shouldn't be overlooked, when you look at his wins ams + pro:
                    LMAO

So now we should consider a fighter's AMATEUR record when assessing his PROFESSIONAL career?

You Bumlovkinites continue to prove yourselves the laughingstock of the Boxing universe...

Comment

Originally posted by APryor View Post
                      Not sure if you have ever heard of this guy, but I would say Mike Tyson.
                      Tyson has wins over legitimate ATG fighters...

Comment

Working...
                      X