No announcement yet.

Thurman speaks: Brook deserves Floyd fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thurman speaks: Brook deserves Floyd fight

Even Thurman is in agreement that Brook deserves a fight with Floyd more than Khan-man.

Skip to 8:20 if you don't want to listen to him touch on several points.

In terms of resume, Brook does not "deserve" the fight. However, by virtue of having the IBF strap, there is no reason anyone could be upset with this fight being made. Also, Brook is clearly much better than the lack of depth on his resume.

Comment

He's right when he touches on Khan.

Honestly, his last performance against Algieri just deflated every positive thought I had about this potential fight. I hope Khan doesn't get it, but I don't think Brook will either.

Comment

He's right when he touches on Khan.

Honestly, his last performance against Algieri just deflated every positive thought I had about this potential fight. I hope Khan doesn't get it, but I don't think Brook will either.

Comment

Both khan and brook have a better resume then thurman

Comment

In terms of resume, HELL NO HE DOESNT. He has beaten PORTER and NOBODY else.

Khan has beaten Maidana, Malignaggi, Judah, Alexander, Collazo, Algieri and so on. All world class fighters.

Sorry but no way in hell does he deserve it over Khan. Thurman is the same guy in the same interview saying Khan needs to fight a true welterweight yet Thurman just called Collazo the guy he's now fighting a 'true welterweight'. So that speaks a lot about his logic.

Comment

Originally posted by Rahat View Post
              Both khan and brook have a better resume then thurman
              Not by a much... Or it's arguable. Thurman best wins are Chaves and Guerrero, Brook's best win is Porter and Khan's is the old, crude, jww version of Maidana who was objectively pretty far from the one who fought Mayweather.

Those wins can be matched with each other, neither of them is that stand out.

Comment

If Floyd have all 3 belts (WBC, WBA, WBO) then yes he should fight Brook to get the IBF in the UK

Comment

Nobody deserves a Floyd fight

Floyd however deserves to pick whoever he wants for his final fight

Brook is no more deserving than Khan or Thurman.

You can make an argument for all 3 of them, at the end of the day Floyd is the one who will choose who he deems worthy

Comment

Deserves?

Why?

Because his whole career consists of fighting euro bums and tomato cans?

He's had one mediocre win over a rated opponent, Porter. A very close fight, that the British commentators had Porter winning.

Brook doesn't deserve anything. Not until he starts fighting known opponents.

Thurman isn't exactly credible.

Comment

Working...
                    X