Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

great news for amateur boxing 10 point must no head gear.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great news for amateur boxing 10 point must no head gear.

the olympics would be great like this.

How old does the open elite group start.

Comment

My absolute only concern about this change, and mind you, I like it; is that does this threaten the overall career prospects of a pro? Will their prime be shortened, will their career have less long lasting impact.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
        My absolute only concern about this change, and mind you, I like it; is that does this threaten the overall career prospects of a pro? Will their prime be shortened, will their career have less long lasting impact.
        Didn't stop Sugar Ray Leonard and the other past greats who fought w/no headgear.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
          was thinking the same thing. taking more punishment in the amateurs from lack of gear could lead to shorter pro careers, but i like the 10 point must system though

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            Didn't stop Sugar Ray Leonard and the other past greats who fought w/no headgear.
            good point but no everyone is Sugar Ray Leonard

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
              The science of the sport is just better today. Bigger fighters, stronger fighters, faster fighters

Like I said, I'm all for an exciting am game, just hoping that it doesn't translate into a shorter pro game

Comment

Your brain still rattles in the skull when taking a big punch and wearing headgear. You can still suffer concussions. The headgear is mainly aimed at preventing cuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
                  was thinking the same thing. taking more punishment in the amateurs from lack of gear could lead to shorter pro careers, but i like the 10 point must system though
                  According to that trainer, it's gonna be the guys who are in the elite part of the amateurs.(the Olympics)

So it wouldn't be all amateurs.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
                    good point but no everyone is Sugar Ray Leonard
                    Insert any name prior to the 1984 Olympics.

Comment

Working...
                    X