Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kessler's Fee For Bute Not Even Close To Pavlik's Info

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The **** gives a ****, Pavlik hasn't done **** lately. Kessler beat Froch. Pavlik is an r-tard to think he should get paid as much as Kessler when Kessler actually sells tickets in Denmark and isn't a drunk loser Amy Whinehouse wannabe attention craving puta.

Comment

Kelly Pavlik has officially become "irrelevant" (again). Can't say that I'm overly dissappointed, there's plenty of other action fighters in today's game to watch...

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
        Kelly Pavlik has officially become "irrelevant" (again). Can't say that I'm overly dissappointed, there's plenty of other action fighters in today's game to watch...
        I'm disappointed. I've been a fan of Pavlik for a while and I'm bummed that he's going out like this.

Comment

Rick Reeno needs to learn what the word "THAN" means, and not use it in place of "THEN". If you are confused after reading the article, re-read the first sentence of the last paragraph. It may be borderline ok for the morons on these forums, but not for a professional.

Kelly seems to jump to conclusions too quickly. On the other hand, this might get him more money. Might...

Comment

$1.35 to fight Bute is a good purse for Pavlik (no matter what anybody says). Kessler is a much bigger draw in Denmark than Kelly is here in the US, so he would definitely command a much bigger payday than Pavlik. Also, if there is more money on the table for the Bute fight then it definitely does not belong to Kelly. It would belong to Bute because he's a huge draw in Canada (and Romania, too, I think).
            Last edited by Carlos Alberto; 08-03-2011, 02:22 PM.

Comment

No matter what Pavlik's response was to "being a puppet and not drinking"

He is for sure one fo the biggest idiots ever. So instead of actually talking to people in the know, he assumes and we all know what assuming does, right? good riddance, sit on the shelf, sign with someone else if he thinks he's that big of a star and then get KTFO cause quite frankly, he's been washed up for awhile now.....

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
                I'm disappointed. I've been a fan of Pavlik for a while and I'm bummed that he's going out like this.
                I was a fan of Pavlik's too, but he's been so inactive (in the last couple of years) and he's pulled out of so many fights it's become expected of him. And like I said, there are so many other action packed and exciting fighters out there that are worth fans' time and energy. The hell with Kelly ****ing Pavlik if he doesn't want to fight...

Comment

I would fight Bute and get KTFO for a bottle of Absolute, I suspect Kelly would do the same if offered.

Comment

If you include the danish television rights to the 750K from Interbox you'll probably be pretty close to 3M+.

PPV from the Calzaghe-Kessler fight gave in excess of 3M USD.

Comment

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&o...#ixzz1U081NFkZ
                      This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

If Pavlik truly believes that he's a bigger star, or on the same level as Kessler with respect to marketability, then he should take the $1.35 million for Bute, place the fight on American pay-per-view, and see if he's capable of generating as much money as Kessler on the pay-per-view market.
                      Not really fair Mr. Reeno. Showtime televises on the US market so PPV for Pavlik is not an option.

So Pavlik was to receive 1.3M. How much would Bute get? Well we know that Showtime pays 2M per fight so after Pavlik has been paid that would be 700K. Then there's the gate. That would probably be 15K people paying 100 bucks on the average which totals 1.5M. Then there's televisionrights from overseas. I dont know how much that would be so lets say 500K.

I am definetely mising something, but this simple math gives Bute 2.7M.

All in all the purse would be 4M and the split would be 67.5% for Bute and and 32.5% for Pavlik. Fair or not fair split? That is the question.

Comment

Working...
                      X