No announcement yet.

Maidana legally unable to fight Khan for one year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maidana legally unable to fight Khan for one year

I know there has to be a few people that remember that bull**** contract GBP and HBO had Maidana sign forcing him to not enforce his mandatory against Khan in order to get HBO dates. So, what I'm wondering is, if so many of us regular boxing fans have read about it, how is Khan unaware of this whole deal? Do you think he knows Maidana can't fight him and is calling him out anyway, knowing for a fact that he won't have to fight him and hoping to fool the people and media into believing he actually wants this fight? Or do you think Khan doesn't even know HBO and GBP are protecting him, and really wants to fight Maidana?

I actually think Khan doesn't know about it and wants to test himself against dangerous fighters, but his guardians at HBO and GBP are keeping him safe and not letting him know about it. It's really just a god damned shame HBO is so willing to interfere like this.
    Last edited by SoZe; 05-31-2010, 11:01 PM.

Originally posted by SoZe View Post
    I know there has to be a few people that remember that bull**** contract GBP and HBO had Maidana sign forcing him to not enforce his mandatory against Khan in order to get HBO dates. So, what I'm wondering is, if so many of us regular boxing fans have read about it, how is Khan unaware of this whole deal? Do you think he knows Maidana can't fight him and is calling him out anyway, knowing for a fact that he won't have to fight him and hoping to fool the people and media into believing he actually wants this fight? Or do you think Khan doesn't even know HBO and GBP are protecting him, and really wants to fight Maidana?

I actually think Khan doesn't know about it and wants to test himself against dangerous fighters, but his guardians at HBO and GBP are keeping him safe and not letting him know about it. It's really just a god damned shame HBO is so willing to interfere like this.
    i remember that article...it's be cool if you can get a link for it

Comment

Have you seen this contract?

Also, no one forced Maidana to do anything. He could have been the one to force Khans hand.

Instead, by the looks of it, he took more money to not fight Khan. Which is exactly what Khan did with Maidana to fight Paulie on his US debut.

Comment

Originally posted by keepthemhandsup View Post
        i remember that article...it's be cool if you can get a link for it
        I'm looking for it now. It's been a few months since i read it, before Khan vs Malignaggi fight was signed, I believe. But it was pretty common knowledge amongst boxing website readers. Glad someone chimed in and remembered it before people started jumping down my throat pretending I made this up. As you should be able to tell from my original post, I have nothing against Khan and don't think he's hiding from a challenge. I have no desire to slander the guy, I'm more disgusted with the bull**** HBO is pulling. GBP is a promoter and it's their job to guard their investment, but HBO shouldn't be involving themselves like this.

Comment

Originally posted by SoZe View Post
          I'm looking for it now. It's been a few months since i read it, before Khan vs Malignaggi fight was signed, I believe. But it was pretty common knowledge amongst boxing website readers. Glad someone chimed in and remembered it before people started jumping down my throat pretending I made this up. As you should be able to tell from my original post, I have nothing against Khan and don't think he's hiding from a challenge. I have no desire to slander the guy, I'm more disgusted with the bull**** HBO is pulling. GBP is a promoter and it's their job to guard their investment, but HBO shouldn't be involving themselves like this.
          http://www.theboxingtruth.com/article.php?id=1549

here is the link, I said this earlier and am glad somebody else remembered it as well.

Comment

Khan can still fight him... It's just that Maidana can't force the mandatory so Khan has to chose Maidana, Maidana can't make Khan fight him.

Atleast that's why I gathered

Comment

I hate the way this business works. Such contracts should be illegal.

Comment

Working...
              X