Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you rate higher P4P, GGG or Lucas Matthysse?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Em1 View Post
    Is this a real question? GGG is fighting tomato cans that HBO is using to make their next star since they have no Golden Boy fighters.
    Dumb post. Golden Boy has one middleweight who would even be a viable matchup for Golovkin (Peter Quillin), that's not a bad fight at all but it'd be tough for me to say Quillin's done more at middleweight than Macklin or Martinez or Chavez or even Pirog. It's not like GGG has been ducking him or anything.

Anyway I voted Matthysse on resume, but GGG has the talent and if he gets a win over Froch or Martinez sometime soon my opinion might change. I wouldn't put either guy on my p4p yet but IMO Matthysse is one win away (Garcia) from getting there.

Comment

GGG clearly is the greater fighter with the higher potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Keni Styles View Post
        GGG clearly is the greater fighter with the higher potential.
        I agree. However potential isn't what gets you into the top 10 p4p. A good resume does.

Comment

I have to go with Lucas til I see GGG fight more contenders.

Comment

Both are exciting KO artists, but Matthysse has demolished top boxers.
            People will realize how good he is when Peterson fights and beats his opponents in the fights to follow.
            Macklin was ok, but he has lost his share of fights, and at 31 never won a world title. I'm not saying winning one means a lot, especially given how we know you can become a "world champ" in spite of being a mediocre fighter if you have the right connections, but never winning a world title in your entire career at 31 says something about you as a boxer.
            Technically I think Lucas is a bit more polished, and I would agree with Chirs Byrd that Matthysse has the better one punch KO power.

Comment

Lucas because of the comp he's fought

Comment

At the moment, Lucas bas the edge. But Golovkin is ready to jump in ranks

Comment

Easily Matthyse, I don't know how anyone can argue otherwise.

Golovkin hasn't done jack ****. At this point he's nothing but hype.

Comment

matthysse on resume, golovkin on ability.

Comment

Working...
                    X