No announcement yet.

Mayweather's ex opens up about 2010 beating New York Post

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather's ex opens up about 2010 beating New York Post

Proberly already been posted, but anyway.

Mayweather's ex opens up about 2010 beating incident: report
    By ANTHONY SULLA-HEFFINGER
    Last Updated: 1:55 PM, May 1, 2013
    Posted: 1:36 PM, May 1, 2013

After years of silence following being battered and beaten by Floyd Mayweather Jr., the boxer’s former long-term partner, Josie Harris, has decided to break her silence.

Following the airing of Showtime’s “30 Days In May,” Harris addressed the notions expressed in the documentary that she and her children lied about the Sept. 9, 2010 attack, that Mayweather’s two-month jail term was unwarranted and that the severity of the beating was embellished.

Harris gave her side of the story in an exclusive interview with Yahoo! Sports.

"Did he beat me to a pulp?" Josie Harris said. "No, but I had bruises on my body and contusions and [a] concussion because the hits were to the back of my head. I believe it was planned to do that … because the bruises don't show …"

REUTERS
    Floyd Mayweather Jr.
    Mayweather called the charges “over-exaggerated” and “trumped up” during the documentary and his team of handlers said that there was no harm inflicted on Harris. On the night of the attack, the boxer was joined by his friend James “P-Reala” McNair, who allegedly blocked a stairway, preventing Mayweather and Harris’ 11-year-old son Koraun from running to get police while his Dad was “hitting and kicking” his mom.

When Koraun and his siblings attempted to call for help, Mayweather allegedly turned to them and warned he would "beat their ass if they left the house and called police."

Eventually Koraun was able to reach the security patrol for the complex where Harris lives, potentially saving her life.

"There is no telling," she says, taking a deep breath and clasping her hands together. "In the heat of the moment you are upset and enraged and you pick up a lamp … "He could have hit me in the head in the wrong place. … I could have died. He would've been on murder charges. I could've grabbed a knife from the kitchen, stabbed him – anything."

The attack was sparked by a series of texts Harris received from current Nets guard C.J. Watson. Hours after a verbal altercation brought authorities to Harris’ home, Mayweather woke her up at 5 a.m. yelling about texts she had received from the basketball player.

"Are you having sex with C.J.?" Mayweather yelled at Harris, according to the arrest report.

"Yes, that is who I am seeing now," she replied.

At one point, Mayweather yelled, "I'm going to kill you and the man you are messing around with," Harris told police. "I'm going to have you both disappear."

Mayweather had already been living with his current girlfriend, Shantel “Miss” Jackson, but according to Harris, the boxer did not want her seeing other men while she lived in a house owned by him.

While the police report says that Mayweather hit Harris with “closed fists,” pulled her off the couch by her hair and twisted her arm, Jackson believes that Mayweather is innocent and Harris’ claims were all fabricated.

"This judicial system is really messed up," Jackson said in the documentary. "How can someone who really didn't do anything have to suffer a consequence for something of this magnitude? It really does anger me, because how can a lie get so far?"

“30 Days In May” has chronicled Mayweather’s life as he prepares for Saturday’s WBC Welterweight Title fight against Robert Guerrero.

Originally posted by TheRexecutioner View Post
    Proberly already been posted, but anyway.

Mayweather's ex opens up about 2010 beating incident: report
    By ANTHONY SULLA-HEFFINGER
    Last Updated: 1:55 PM, May 1, 2013
    Posted: 1:36 PM, May 1, 2013

After years of silence following being battered and beaten by Floyd Mayweather Jr., the boxer’s former long-term partner, Josie Harris, has decided to break her silence.

Following the airing of Showtime’s “30 Days In May,” Harris addressed the notions expressed in the documentary that she and her children lied about the Sept. 9, 2010 attack, that Mayweather’s two-month jail term was unwarranted and that the severity of the beating was embellished.

Harris gave her side of the story in an exclusive interview with Yahoo! Sports.

"Did he beat me to a pulp?" Josie Harris said. "No, but I had bruises on my body and contusions and [a] concussion because the hits were to the back of my head. I believe it was planned to do that … because the bruises don't show …"

REUTERS
    Floyd Mayweather Jr.
    Mayweather called the charges “over-exaggerated” and “trumped up” during the documentary and his team of handlers said that there was no harm inflicted on Harris. On the night of the attack, the boxer was joined by his friend James “P-Reala” McNair, who allegedly blocked a stairway, preventing Mayweather and Harris’ 11-year-old son Koraun from running to get police while his Dad was “hitting and kicking” his mom.

When Koraun and his siblings attempted to call for help, Mayweather allegedly turned to them and warned he would "beat their ass if they left the house and called police."

Eventually Koraun was able to reach the security patrol for the complex where Harris lives, potentially saving her life.

"There is no telling," she says, taking a deep breath and clasping her hands together. "In the heat of the moment you are upset and enraged and you pick up a lamp … "He could have hit me in the head in the wrong place. … I could have died. He would've been on murder charges. I could've grabbed a knife from the kitchen, stabbed him – anything."

The attack was sparked by a series of texts Harris received from current Nets guard C.J. Watson. Hours after a verbal altercation brought authorities to Harris’ home, Mayweather woke her up at 5 a.m. yelling about texts she had received from the basketball player.

"Are you having sex with C.J.?" Mayweather yelled at Harris, according to the arrest report.

"Yes, that is who I am seeing now," she replied.

At one point, Mayweather yelled, "I'm going to kill you and the man you are messing around with," Harris told police. "I'm going to have you both disappear."

Mayweather had already been living with his current girlfriend, Shantel “Miss” Jackson, but according to Harris, the boxer did not want her seeing other men while she lived in a house owned by him.

While the police report says that Mayweather hit Harris with “closed fists,” pulled her off the couch by her hair and twisted her arm, Jackson believes that Mayweather is innocent and Harris’ claims were all fabricated.

"This judicial system is really messed up," Jackson said in the documentary. "How can someone who really didn't do anything have to suffer a consequence for something of this magnitude? It really does anger me, because how can a lie get so far?"

“30 Days In May” has chronicled Mayweather’s life as he prepares for Saturday’s WBC Welterweight Title fight against Robert Guerrero.
    Wow, such a violent encounter. Floyd needs to learn to control his temper around women. So she was banging some ball player after all.

Comment

flowmoe defense and spin doctoring in 3,2,1....GO!!!!!!

Comment

People who hit women make me sick, especially Floyd's type. Hit a real man floyd.

Manny Pacquiao would beat Floyd Mayweather's ass
        Canelo Alvarez would beat Floyd Mayweather's ass
        I would beat Floyd Mayweather's ass.

Comment

Originally posted by AM Boxing5 View Post
          People who hit women make me sick, especially Floyd's type. Hit a real man floyd.

No you wouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by noStylez View Post
            No you wouldn't.
            I'd pounce him 8 inches in height and over 80lbs in weight

Floyd walks around like a manlet & woman. I walk around like a man.

Comment

Yeah women beaters make me sick also....only preceded by idiots that think they know another man's domestic situation enough to say stupid things about a situation that probably has a lot more to it than one imagines.

You know Floyd? You have his road to hoe? or his hoe (for that matter?) do you support his family? probably not. The Indians have a saying: Say what you will about any brave or chief....but first walk a mile in their moccasins."

Its easy to judge others on **** we know not. I only wish that everyone who thinks Floyd was wrong made sure they got their own **** correct with their sig other. Floyd paid a heavy price for his indiscretion. I can only imagine that while in jail Floyd was practically begging for Karma to deliver an ass whipping for 10 minutes as opposed to soitary....

Rubin Guerrero is an idiot. His son is nice enough not to tell him that.

Comment

Damn, that's ugly. Really disappointing. When you train in combat, there's a certain responsibility you bear, be it vs a woman, or even a man. If you are capable of wrecking someone, you gotta be a man and restrain yourself.

Comment

I'd pounce him 8 inches in height and over 80lbs in weight

Floyd walks around like a manlet & woman. I walk around like a man.
                  One of those people that has to keep telling themselves they are a man, while they have no balls. GTFO tough guy.

Comment

Floyd is on that high school shit. Probably still loves her, and all this Miss Jackson stuff is an attempt to make her jealous.

Hasn't grown a pair inside the ring, and hasn't grown a pair outside the ring.

Comment

Working...
                    X