No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia on Margarito: I'm Pretty Sure He'll Continue On

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Garcia on Margarito: I'm Pretty Sure He'll Continue On

Last Saturday night was a sorrowing one for former champion Antonio Margarito.

Facing off with Puerto Rico’s Miguel Cotto for a second encounter, Margarito fell behind early and was never really able to get on track. Cotto boxed beautifully and landed enough crisp shots to cause severe swelling on Margarito’s surgically-repaired right eye, forcing a stoppage after ringside physicians advised referee Steve Smoger that the fighter was in no shape to continue.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The bum is done

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
      The bum is done

Not necessarily. Most probably Arum will try to recover his "investments" so Cheato will probably end up as fodder-- fed to up & coming boxers.
      Last edited by Dat; 12-12-2011, 03:16 AM.

Comment

At 154? He would get his arse kicked. His size advantage would be neutralize and ppl punch much harder at that weight. I do agree he will be used as a stepping stone for someone else.

Comment

It sucks that Tony has entered into that stage. Where his name will be used to build up Top Rank's next celebrity group.

Oh well, that's how the circle works. Not too long from now Cotto will be there aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by Very Rich Man View Post
            It sucks that Tony has entered into that stage. Where his name will be used to build up Top Rank's next celebrity group.

Oh well, that's how the circle works. Not too long from now Cotto will be there aswell.
            Maybe. But Cotto is being fed good opponents lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Very Rich Man View Post

Soon enough Rios will be there as well.

Comment

Tony should retire. He's gonna lose sight in that eye if he continues.

Comment

Some of you are so off with your assessments.

Margarito is not done by any means ... he just needs to be matched up with the right opponents. I would bet money on Margarito any day against any brawler out there without hesitation.

You can't put a one dimensional, go forward brawler against speedy fighters who move and box - Mosley, Pacquiao and Cotto. All three are skillful fighters who have many weapons on their arsenal which include movement, boxing and speed. Styles make fights.

Margarito is a guy like Rios, a guy like Angulo, a guy like Kirkland...

You match him against guys like those and I would put my money on him without thinking about it twice. Margarito is one of the few fighters who really fights with a unique determination and heart and he's got power. Make no mistake about it, you stand and brawl and he will fuck you up.

He barely had any chances to tag Cotto and look at Cotto's face. It received some damaged from those few exchanges.

I would love to see Margarito be matched up with the right opponents, they'd be incredibly exciting fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Blow Combos View Post
                    Some of you are so off with your assessments.

Margarito is not done by any means ... he just needs to be matched up with the right opponents. I would bet money on Margarito any day against any brawler out there without hesitation.

You can't put a one dimensional, go forward brawler against speedy fighters who move and box - Mosley, Pacquiao and Cotto. All three are skillful fighters who have many weapons on their arsenal which include movement, boxing and speed. Styles make fights.

Margarito is a guy like Rios, a guy like Angulo, a guy like Kirkland...

You match him against guys like those and I would put my money on him without thinking about it twice. Margarito is one of the few fighters who really fights with a unique determination and heart and he's got power. Make no mistake about it, you stand and brawl and he will fuck you up.

He barely had any chances to tag Cotto and look at Cotto's face. It received some damaged from those few exchanges.

I would love to see Margarito be matched up with the right opponents, they'd be incredibly exciting fights.

Margarito is a solid 154 now. His record at that weight division is ABYSMAL. His overwhelming size/physical advantage is no longer there. He needs that advantage to have much relevance as he is a slow moving target now. What you deemed as "right opponents" would probably beat him at that weight division.

Comment

Working...
                    X