Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Travis Tygart and the USADA are bad for boxing

Why Travis Tygart and the USADA are bad for boxing
    May 22, 3:47 PMDallas Boxing ExaminerMatt Stolow

I get the impression Travis Tygart wouldn't throw Floyd Mayweather a life jacket if he were drowning unless Mayweather had professed his allegiance to Tygart's United States Anti-Doping Agency.

I get that feeling for Golden Boy Promotions toward Mayweather also if they weren't, well, that's for another column.

Tygart seems to be a posturing phony to me. He seems like he lives in the gutter of the red light district intersection of sports and illegal drugs.

What he seems to me is, clearly, an opportunist in a cheap suit with a few polished lines of talk that will get him on TV.

After making such a big deal about his righteousness, he doesn't even blood test Mayweather nor Shane Mosley for the last 18 and 19 days respectively before their May 1st fight!

But he calls them "clean athletes." I believe Manny Pacquiao will get a knock on his door to give blood at the 11th hour and probably a request for some comp tickets at the same time. OK, maybe no comp tickets but you can sense I don't trust this guy as far as I can throw him.

He's not the only game in town. If we are to do this, lets get out the phone book or yellowpages.com and find someone else without a media-conscious track record, who's not concerned with their own public relations to further themselves when they should be doing their jobs and not attracting attention to themselves.

Guys like Travis Tygart are their own worse enemies and they will never learn so why allow them at the highest levels of our sport in the first place after seeing what they did with cycling where they were to have some expertise.

In one swoop Manny Pacquiao, by agreeing to be tested 14 days out, has called the USADA's and Mayweather's bluff and made the accusers look like frauds because it seems they want to back out of the deal.

Examiner...Nuff said..

Comment

its funny that the mayweather camp arent even negotiating and they are already backing out the deal

another pathetic post

Comment

How can't a writer understand the meaning of random testing?

Comment

Originally posted by P4P305 View Post
          How can't a writer understand the meaning of random testing?
          What does random mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Duckweather View Post
            What does random mean?
            proceeding, made, or occurring without definite aim, reason, or pattern.

Comment

Backed out of what deal?

Keep it up *******s!

Comment

Backed out of what deal?

Keep it up *******s!

Comment

A little off topic so to speak but actually HGH is a hot topic right now as there is a new "cocktail" so to speak that when small amounts, combine with other things, will actually be good for athletes who are coming back from injury. I will look up more info and post it as well. I actually like this idea as the guys describing this new break through claims it will have no side effects (unlike cortisone) and will be a good addition to pro sports. Just some FYI...peace.

Comment

The USADA and the whole Olympic style drug testing was nothing but an scheme crafted by Floyd Mayweather to avoid fighting Pac. 14 days... 18 days or whatever cutoff period -- Floyd doesnt really give a ****. Floyd knows he successfully wiggled his way out of a megafight with Pac.

Comment

Working...
                    X