Freddie Roach's top 10 pound for pound lists

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddie Roach's top 10 pound for pound lists

1.Manny Pacquiao – Who else? I have been preaching this for the last three years.

2.Floyd Mayweather Jr. – He gave us the title but he should be the second best. The Marquez fight will dictate whether he stays there or not.

3.Juan Manuel Marquez – What can I say? One tough hombre and will hold his own against Mayweather.

4.Edwin Valero – Some will question this pick but he has something like 25 victories by Kayo without a loss.

5.Shane Mosley – His big victory over Margarito moves him up the list.

6.Arthur Abraham – A really tough puncher with quick hands and a concrete chin.

7.Mikkel Kessler – Only loss to former pound for pound champ, Joe Calzaghe. He should wind up fighting Abraham for the Super Middleweight title.

8.Andre Ward – Great boxing skills and looked very impressive against Edison Miranda.

9.Israel Vasquez – You got to love his heart. Truly a champion as he proved in his fights against Marquez.

10. Amir Khan – I know that some will question Amir on the top ten list. Trust me, he is the real deal!

i can dig it...but still...no paul...no win...

Comment

Lol Khan number 10 already.

Comment

cotto is not in the p4p and neither is williams?

khan hasnt even truly fought prmetime in the u.s yet and valero is up n coming

Comment

The big one I don't get is... Valero at number 4? What?!

Comment

Originally posted by magicjordan View Post

1.Manny Pacquiao – Who else? I have been preaching this for the last three years.

2.Floyd Mayweather Jr. – He gave us the title but he should be the second best. The Marquez fight will dictate whether he stays there or not.

3.Juan Manuel Marquez – What can I say? One tough hombre and will hold his own against Mayweather.

4.Edwin Valero – Some will question this pick but he has something like 25 victories by Kayo without a loss.

7.Mikkel Kessler – Only loss to former pound for pound champ, Joe Calzaghe. He should wind up fighting Abraham for the Super Middleweight title.

8.Andre Ward – Great boxing skills and looked very impressive against Edison Miranda.

9.Israel Vasquez – You got to love his heart. Truly a champion as he proved in his fights against Marquez.

10. Amir Khan – I know that some will question Amir on the top ten list. Trust me, he is the real deal!
            surprised by how high he has edwin valero, valero is a good fighter with a big punch but he is left in the dust when you compae his overall game with the likes of cotto, vlad, rafael marquez, williams, dawson and b-hop.

same thing with khan and ward being so high on the list. imo even the likes of adamek, bradley and clottey deserve to be higher than these guys

its nice to see kess and AA on the list, imo both fighters deserve to be ranked on the p4p lists although i would have kess breaking in around the no 10 spot and AA just outside the top 10.

Comment

Khan on the p4p list.. No ****ing way.

Comment

Originally posted by magicjordan View Post

imo
                1. Agree
                2.??? he hasn't even fought yet
                3.i'd put him 2nd
                4. lots of power but hasn't done anything great yet so no
                5.i'd put him in 4th's place
                6-9.meh
                10.not yet...maybe a couple more fights and he'll b arriving here

Comment

No Cotto, no Williams, no Hopkins. I'm not a fan of this list at all. Khan at No. 10 is like an insult.

Comment

Originally posted by Merseysideblood View Post
                    The big one I don't get is... Valero at number 4? What?!
                    Yeah Valero at number 4....surprising. Amir Khan, ah Freddie we understand.

Comment

Working...
                    X