Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Killa Cam(the poster) said The Last Kiss...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MegStarr* View Post
    okay so after careful review of this thread...

Cam is pretty much killing these arguments.

i think that music is subjective. different sounds are pleasing to different ears, there is no arguing that. THAT is a FACT. but i think that it can be argued that FACT can determine weather or not one album surpasses another in quality. for example, would you not say that it is a FACT that Masta Ace's Disposable Arts is of higher quality than eMC's The Show? i don't really view this as being disputable. there are concrete pieces of evidence that contribute to concluding the QUALITY of an album. determining quality and forming a personal opinion are 2 very different things. i am sure that we all can acknowledge certain albums or artists for dropping high quality material while at the same time not recognizing their greatness on a personal level.

on the topic of Jadakiss though...i have a definite bias. i know that i don't particularly enjoy Jada so i am probably not going to sit down and listen to this album that is being discussed. it's not that i am being narrow minded, i just know myself, and i know that i am not a Jadakiss fan and therefore the album does not appeal to me. i know this without listening to it. unless his voice has suddenly changed and his flow is different and he changed his taste in production then i am not going to like it. whether or not this makes it an album of LOW QUALITY, i don't know. i really can't comprehend though how Jadakiss is some people's FAVORITE rapper. i find him SO boring.
    but that's just my opinion.
    It takes a stand up person to admit they are biased when it comes to a certian artist...I'm biased toward Cam'Ron (obviously, lol) but in all honesty there's about 12 albums out this year that are better than Jada's, so weather you have a predisposition to disliking him or not, I know I'm right. Tha Last Kiss is not the album of the year....good post Meg.

Originally posted by The Gold Mac View Post
    First off, if you wanna say its a fact that the last kiss is not the album of the year, i have no problem with that. That shows that your confident in your opinions and I think thats a good thing.

Im not sure why im being dragged into this. I dont know if its because im not a fan of backpack rap or what...just personally not my style, but im not hating on it. Some of those dudes can make some really good songs, but they fail to capture my interest for an entire album.

I never said i fully agree with everyone because i dont. An opinion is like a belly button, everyone has one. But its very ignorant to think that some opinions arent better then others. Obviously, the more knowledge someone has of the situation the more respectful there opinion is. Its like talking to someone who watches basketball all the time and watches alotta teams compared to someone that watches basketball occasionally and mainly pays attention to their own team. Both individuals would have an opinion, just like the way both of them would have belly buttons. But one opinion is obviously more valid then the other.

And then, as i said before, if someone wants to prove something...make a poll. Get a two thirds majority and you prove something, its as simple as that. That still doesnt make it a fact but it makes that opinion more respectable. And to be honest, i dont consider polls on here to be very valid because of a small sample size.

Killa Cam, i got nothing and never had anything against you. Like I said, i dont really agree with anyone on this. I have my own opinion but im not trying to disrespect nobody.

I dont really see how anyone is winning, i see alot more losing going on here then winning
    I only mentioned your name because you voted in the poll that my opinion is wrong (in a basic sense)...on another note, I have nothing against you either, Mac.

Originally posted by Truth
    I'm jamming to Joe Budden's padded room right now. I don't know, sometimes I think that is the best album of the year.......i go back and forth. Joe Budden killed it......I'm loving this right now.
    Higher your standards as far as production, listen to some DJ Premier, Pete Rock, Madlib, etc. but if you think that the album of the year so far is between The Last Kiss & Padded Room, I've stated my case and that's all I can do. Production on Padded Room = awful.
    Last edited by Killa Cam; 04-20-2009, 03:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by neils7147933 View Post
      Just remember everyone used to give Versatile hell for saying Project Pat was better than Nas and he used this same argument...
      Hahaha, you serious? I remember him saying Illmatic was wack or something along those lines but never heard him say that.

Comment

Some opinions hold more wieght than others though. I think that's the truth (no pun intended). Because some people are just more informed in certain areas than others.

Comment

Working...
        X