No announcement yet.

Panic from Team Mundine

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ultimateboxa View Post
    Its not like the guys got a choice. No more beating around the bush with these argie cabbies. He has to face his mandatory or a massive name to get out of it. Its very good for aussie boxing. I can't see how im blowing this up?
    Mundine will find a way out of fighting someone decent you watch, he's done it his whole ****in' career with the exception of Kessler.

Comment

Mundine will fight Kessler i have no doubt.

Compare Mundine first 30 fights against Kesslers you will see who has fought bums. It only take s a decent win or two and everyone is on the bandwagon

Comment

if mundine beats kessler ill give him his props. but ill never be completley on the bandwagon.. lets not forget i was a big mundine man.. but after neivas, clavero, hamdan and than signing for soliman again.. i just cant respect him fully

Comment

Originally posted by Chocoholic View Post
          Mundine will fight Kessler i have no doubt.

Compare Mundine first 30 fights against Kesslers you will see who has fought bums. It only take s a decent win or two and everyone is on the bandwagon
          So what are you saying their careers are going in the opposite direction. Kessler started off fighting bums and is now fighting World champions, Mundine started fighting off World champions and is now fighting bums .

Anyway its irrelevant because Mundine is a fair bit older than Kessler. He was young enough to have lots of fights to GAIN EXPERIENCE, like most boxers do. Unfortunately for Mundine, he didn't have age on his side because of his rugby career. But maybe he paid for the price by losing his 3 biggest fights. But how can anyone tell if he has improved, if he is now fighting these bums he should of fougt before fighting the likes of Kessler, has his career gone backwards?.

Comment

Originally posted by manutd6899 View Post
            So what are you saying their careers are going in the opposite direction. Kessler started off fighting bums and is now fighting World champions, Mundine started fighting off World champions and is now fighting bums .
            Exactly what i am saying. Kessler chewed on bums for a long time and in the space of a short time rose to a level that fans drool over him. For a long period Joe was seen as Joke Calzaghe then wallah he's the man for flogging Lacy and a legend for beating Kessler.

My pt is that Mundine only needs one or 2 good Vs on his record to make ppl forget about the intermediate fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Chocoholic View Post
              Exactly what i am saying. Kessler chewed on bums for a long time and in the space of a short time rose to a level that fans drool over him. For a long period Joe was seen as Joke Calzaghe then wallah he's the man for flogging Lacy and a legend for beating Kessler.

My pt is that Mundine only needs one or 2 good Vs on his record to make ppl forget about the intermediate fights.

To be fair i think its a lot different to the Calzaghe situation and Kessler. Calzaghe has been a champion for nearly 11 years now, he has fought a few taxi drivers, but has still fought numerous champions and is still undefeated. Kessler was a champion for 3 years and fought quite a few champions as well and unified the division. The point is there has been desire from Calzaghe to take on the biggest fights while he can at this stage. But well Mundine is still shifting thousands of tickets and fighting farces on PPV, he doesn't seem to have the desire to take on the best. Mundine doesn't want it imo, because the best to in the division are head and shoulders above the rest, and then there is Bute is a very dangerous fight, or guys like Miranda who can take your head off with one shot. If Mundine loses that paper belt, he has nothing to stand on in terms of boxing, it is essentially his only bargaining chip.

Comment

Originally posted by manutd6899 View Post
                To be fair i think its a lot different to the Calzaghe situation and Kessler. Calzaghe has been a champion for nearly 11 years now, he has fought a few taxi drivers, but has still fought numerous champions and is still undefeated. Kessler was a champion for 3 years and fought quite a few champions as well and unified the division. The point is there has been desire from Calzaghe to take on the biggest fights while he can at this stage. But well Mundine is still shifting thousands of tickets and fighting farces on PPV, he doesn't seem to have the desire to take on the best. Mundine doesn't want it imo, because the best to in the division are head and shoulders above the rest, and then there is Bute is a very dangerous fight, or guys like Miranda who can take your head off with one shot. If Mundine loses that paper belt, he has nothing to stand on in terms of boxing, it is essentially his only bargaining chip.
                That was a really good post. I agree 100%. Mundine just doesn't have it in him.

Comment

[QUOTE=manutd6899;3324109]To be fair i think its a lot different to the Calzaghe situation and Kessler. Calzaghe has been a champion for nearly 11 years now, he has fought a few taxi drivers, but has still fought numerous champions and is still undefeated. Kessler was a champion for 3 years and fought quite a few champions as well and unified the division. The point is there has been desire from Calzaghe to take on the biggest fights while he can at this stage. But well Mundine is still shifting thousands of tickets and fighting farces on PPV, he doesn't seem to have the desire to take on the best. Mundine doesn't want it imo, because the best to in the division are head and shoulders above the rest, and then there is Bute is a very dangerous fight, or guys like Miranda who can take your head off with one shot. If Mundine loses that paper belt, he has nothing to stand on in terms of boxing, it is essentially his only bargaining chip.[/QUOTE]

yea good point.

Comment

Strong indication is that the rematch will be around late Oct.

Great to see

Comment

good to hear. kessler will need a keep busy fight.. pity we still have to see the soliman circus

Comment

Working...
                      X