Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UK Fans.......Will you stay up until 2am to watch Khan vs Malignaggi?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SP1 View Post
    You my friend seem to not watch too many boxing fights. Because if you did then you will know that in a boxing event broadcasting rights are sold to whoever around the world. Now the rights are not sold per single fight but they are sold for the entire event and so of course they will the entire event and not just the main fight. I do not know what type of fan you are but c'mon son it is not that difficult to figure out.

And what do you mean logic is thrown out when broadcasting in Britain?

Sky Sports has been showing fights for years and they broadcast virtually the entire card. They just showed the snoozefest that was the Cintron-Williams even last week and they showed every fight. They have been showing Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather fights for years, way before they were big time.
    I'm talking about terrestrial TV shunning boxing. Sky do a decent job, but they miss a lot of the big ones too. Pavlik Martinez springs to mind of late.

It's not unreasonable to think ITV would just decorate an entire slot around Khan build-up and then show the fight, skipping an undercard of fighters that no casual viewer in the UK will know or care for. Infact we were debating during the week if this would be the case or not. I'm glad it's not the case.

Comment

its good itv have this but itv worhsip kahn they dont care bout other brit fighters like froch which is bull****

Comment

Yea, it's a shame really. This isn't like a new dawn for British boxing, it's just about dickriding the young Pakistani. Man I hate Baroness Warsi

Comment

Originally posted by starjammer View Post
          I'm talking about terrestrial TV shunning boxing. Sky do a decent job, but they miss a lot of the big ones too. Pavlik Martinez springs to mind of late.

It's not unreasonable to think ITV would just decorate an entire slot around Khan build-up and then show the fight, skipping an undercard of fighters that no casual viewer in the UK will know or care for. Infact we were debating during the week if this would be the case or not. I'm glad it's not the case.
          I have never seen a boxing event on TV where they just show the main event fight and not the under card. ITV has shown the Froch-Taylor fight on its own but I think that was because they did not buy the full rights and could only show the fight a few days after the live broadcast. But ITV is showing a live event and so it means they have bought the full tv rights and they will show at least the better fights.

Plus I do not think many casual fans give a toss about this fight because I have seen zero promotion on ITV and they love to promote their own **** but as this fight is in the early hours, not many people are bothered to be honest but I know I can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by SP1 View Post
            I have never seen a boxing event on TV where they just show the main event fight and not the under card. ITV has shown the Froch-Taylor fight on its own but I think that was because they did not buy the full rights and could only show the fight a few days after the live broadcast. But ITV is showing a live event and so it means they have bought the full tv rights and they will show at least the better fights.

Plus I do not think many casual fans give a toss about this fight because I have seen zero promotion on ITV and they love to promote their own **** but as this fight is in the early hours, not many people are bothered to be honest but I know I can't wait.
            Alright man, I'm glad to be wrong. Enjoy the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by NO FEAR View Post
              Yea, it's a shame really. This isn't like a new dawn for British boxing, it's just about dickriding the young Pakistani. Man I hate Baroness Warsi
              LMAO, I think its more like Froch needs a new and better promoter cos his fights get shwon on some random sports channel and the last time i checked they want a fiver to watch their events lol.

I thought Baroness Warsi was the damn cook the way she boped into 10 Downing Street with her out of sort outfit.

Comment

Originally posted by starjammer View Post
                Alright man, I'm glad to be wrong. Enjoy the fight.
                Maybe next time starjammer, plus it better be a great fight after all this.

Comment

Gotta give it up to the Brit fans. I don't think there are many fights that I would be able to stay up till 4am and watch. I'd rarely see any fights live and probably have to download them the next day.

Comment

Working...
                  X