Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHEN Will we get another boxing game!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHEN Will we get another boxing game!!

Seriously...

Its been far too long, EA don't seem to be doing anything about it and unfortunately they seem to be the only ones putting out decent boxing games...

I think the last one to get hyped up and fail terrible was called 'Prizefighter'...
    Don King funded game If I'm not mistaken?

Just seems there is so little amount of option with fighting sport games, I've bought EA UFC and why have I bought it...
    I wanted a fighting game for my PS4 and theirs so little option and the fear is will these idiots even go out there way to develop another one?

Whilst we've been waiting several years for another fight night the UFC games were being shipped out almost yearly seemingly, the rate the games were being made is extremely high us boxing fans are being mugged off... and I've found myself playing the very thing I've never played up until now due to no other options

I'm mad.

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
    Seriously...

Its been far too long, EA don't seem to be doing anything about it and unfortunately they seem to be the only ones putting out decent boxing games...

I think the last one to get hyped up and fail terrible was called 'Prizefighter'...

Just seems there is so little amount of option with fighting sport games, I've bought EA UFC and why have I bought it...
    I wanted a fighting game for my PS4 and theirs so little option and the fear is will these idiots even go out there way to develop another one?

Whilst we've been waiting several years for another fight night the UFC games were being shipped out almost yearly seemingly, the rate the games were being made is extremely high us boxing fans are being mugged off... and I've found myself playing the very thing I've never played up until now due to no other options

I'm mad.
    To add salt to the wound PS4 sponsors Top rank matches and we see the logo all through fights yet no boxing game in sight for the console ain't that some funny ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
      Seriously...

I'm mad.
      They said they might bring back FN but for now their team is focused on UFC/MMA games. In other words, they won't be going back to FN for a long time. If they do, they need to stop being ****s and actually make a realistic boxing game, not a rock em sock em game like Rounds 3-4 were. They were atrocious. Since there's no way to exclusively license boxing, other developers need to come out of the woodworks and try their hand at it. EA needs some competition to step their game up or else they'll keep producing **** yearly like Madden.

/rant

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
        To add salt to the wound PS4 sponsors Top rank matches and we see the logo all through fights yet no boxing game in sight for the console ain't that some funny ****.
        Why the **** would Sony sponsor that **** Bob Arum? So sad

Comment

It's going to be years. EA is on record saying that they're more focused on making MMA games at the moment due to the rise in popularity of MMA from a few years ago. Even though that popularity has tapered off and is now doing worse numbers than boxing, EA is a primitive company run by 'tards and ripoff artists who almost always stay several years behind the curve when it comes to trends.

Unfortunately, they're the only major company we have that ever seemed to express any interest in boxing whatsoever.

I wouldn't expect an indie boxing game to be released, either. They couldn't license real boxers for starters, and secondly, the trends in indie games almost always go against sports games. They universally seem to prefer challenging platformers, complex puzzle games, and a plethora of other sub-genres that all fall under the action/adventure banner.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamMerchant12 View Post
            They said they might bring back FN but for now their team is focused on UFC/MMA games. In other words, they won't be going back to FN for a long time. If they do, they need to stop being ****s and actually make a realistic boxing game, not a rock em sock em game like Rounds 3-4 were. They were atrocious. Since there's no way to exclusively license boxing, other developers need to come out of the woodworks and try their hand at it. EA needs some competition to step their game up or else they'll keep producing **** yearly like Madden.

/rant
            Don't expect EA to ever make a boxing sim. You should be grateful enough that they even show an interest in the sport as is. They need to make it as accessible and fun as other fighting games on the market in order to draw in casuals and make a profit. A legit boxing sim will never be a profitable venture because the fanbase is too small and development cycles are too lengthy and costly.

Play 'Victorious Boxers 2' on the PS2 if you want a boxing sim. It's as close as you'll ever get to one ever again.

Comment

I say we all take to EA forums and spam threads of
              "Create a new fight night"
              Maybe If the entire force of BoxingScene gets behind it we will finally get a new game off them

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
                It's going to be years. EA is on record saying that they're more focused on making MMA games at the moment due to the rise in popularity of MMA from a few years ago. Even though that popularity has tapered off and is now doing worse numbers than boxing, EA is a primitive company run by 'tards and ripoff artists who almost always stay several years behind the curve when it comes to trends.

Unfortunately, they're the only major company we have that ever seemed to express any interest in boxing whatsoever.

I wouldn't expect an indie boxing game to be released, either. They couldn't license real boxers for starters, and secondly, the trends in indie games almost always go against sports games. They universally seem to prefer challenging platformers, complex puzzle games, and a plethora of other sub-genres that all fall under the action/adventure banner.
                Yes agreed with mostly everything there...

The only type of games we have coming out boxing related will be solely for the gimmicky PS-Move and Kinect.

I'm sick of this UFC game, too much rolling about on the game its boring and I get joy out of being able to annoy the MMA-tards by going on the counter for the entire 15minutes to receive abusive mails telling me im a ***** and a runner.

I can't understand why people would want to buy a new MMA game every two years when its the same thing and seriously this new game doesn't seem much different other than the outstanding graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post

I can see ea making a boxing game years from now and charging 5 bucks to download legendary past fighters they are out of fking control. A few years ago this would have sounded ridiculous , but the way they are doing their business it's very real now they are just out to squeeze people all they can even after they pay 60 bucks for the damn game to begin with. Hopefully another company get's behind boxing we have been abandoned

Comment

To be fair, it's only been 3 years since 'Fight Night Champion' was released.

To be fairer, that game was absolute dog****.

I wouldn't be surprised if we hear from EA regarding the future of the 'Fight Night' series soon, as their last official comment was just over a year ago and the UFC game that they shelved it for is now finished and released.

I'm honestly not sure if I'd rather have no boxing game whatsoever or continue to get ****ty EA games that are to boxing what 'Street Fighter' is to actual street fights. I realize they're EA and that, given that, anything they make is likely to completely suck, but as a lifelong boxing fan I can't help but be disappointed nearly every time they release a boxing game.

Hell, the last decent one was round 2, IMO. It still had that haymaker gayness in it, but the action was faster and more fluid than it's ever been since and there thankfully weren't any traces of parry'ing, perfect blocks, or body spamming nonsense in it that have plagued all of the sequels since.

Comment

Working...
                    X