Collapse
No announcement yet.

My nephew needs a good job, thoughts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy: apply for entry-level positions at corporations. He has the prerequisites (a college degree) and can work up the corporate ladder. Some of the corps that hire college grads that have strong programs are Target, Enterprise, etc.

His school should have plenty of career fairs and career services. You should tell him to go before he graduates (while the services are still free), and to definitely join alumni association.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
      Hey fam my nephew just graduated college and needs a good job. For those of you closer to his age (he's 23) whats a good job/career for him to go into?

He's a big boy about 6 foot and big like the same build as the Big Show, but not as athletic.

The reason I want him to become successful asap is because his moms a single parent and her health is declining fast so I want him to get his own life/career going ASAP so he doesn't have to rely on her at all and he's never been independent on his own.

He studied sports journalism in college, but I doubt thats a realistic career/industry for him because he'll probably just be interning (unpaid) for a few years and then go no where since that fields all about who you know. So I was thinking he should probably go into like law enforcement or something like that since he's got the bigger physical presence already.

What do you guys suggest? What are some of your jobs/career that someone can go into and make decent pay and benefits right away?

Thanks green K for serious responses/help.
      Public Policy Analysis - recession proof.

Comment

Go to Midland, Texas. Plenty of work in the oil fields now. Good paying jobs, too.

Comment

Working...
        X