Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who had a better career Lennox Lewis or Evander Holyfield?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lennox retired unified champ of the world.

Evanded lost his house and is still fighting to pay bills.

Comment

Holyfield. And if you add his achievements at cruiserweight, it isn't even close

Comment

Lewis. He beat Briggs, Golota, Klitschko, Tua, Tyson and of course Holyfield himself...........

Comment

Holyfield definitely has better resume, but H2H it's a tough call. Lewis beat Holyfield, but Holyfield was past his prime then (his prime was from 1986 to 1993) while Lewis was at his best in 1999. And though Lewis won first fight easily,their second fight was very close. Actually, Larry Holmes, Roy Jones Jr, both Klitschko's and Chris Byrd all thought that Holyfield deserved the win in that fight.

Comment

you guys act as if Holyfield never fought below Heavyweight.

and despite him 'ruining' his career by fighting on, the man (somehow) deserved a decision over Valuev when they fought. and Valuev is a top 10 fighter in todays division.

I dont see how a career full of success is 'ruined' by loses way after your prime. Dont get me wrong, I would really prefer if Holyfield was retired, but in reality anything you can pull off when youre way past your best is just icing on the cake, loses shouldnt really count after that.

Comment

Whole career ?, Holyfield easily imo.

Comment

Working...
              X