No announcement yet.

Khans New Stance and style?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khans New Stance and style?

Khan boxing stance and style is one that I dont think I've seen on any fighter.
    I believe Roach has worked with bernard hopkins for calzaghe and winky wright and I am pretty sure he wanted to install a defensive minded skillset to protect that china.

Bernard hopkins/mayweather hybrid?

His defence has improved under Roach, but against the top guys he will get that chin tested.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuggerboom1 View Post
      His defence has improved under Roach, but against the top guys he will get that chin tested.
      I want to see that chin tested. someone needs to throw a medicine ball on his chin in training camp.

Comment

He has that UK/Brit style. I seen it on Ricky Hatton and Kevin Mitchell. Khan is faster and doesn't obsessively clinch like Hatton does but the stance and style is the same.

You know, hands close together, next to the chin, real tight elbows. Then drops both hands when going to punch. Maybe it's the peek a boo, I don't know, but that's the **** he was using against Paulie.

Comment

Khan is alright on the outside but when it comes to his inside fighting he fails. I see the biggest threat to his style is from a pressure fighter who can force himself past that jab.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            He has that UK/Brit style. I seen it on Ricky Hatton and Kevin Mitchell. Khan is faster and doesn't obsessively clinch like Hatton does but the stance and style is the same.

You know, hands close together, next to the chin, real tight elbows. Then drops both hands when going to punch. Maybe it's the peek a boo, I don't know, but that's the **** he was using against Paulie.
            Not similar to hatton and mitchell, but freddie roach is an american trainer so I doubt it is a british style.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post

Hatton? Hatton had horribly low hands, his chin and footwork let him get away with so much. He threw lefts hooks from way to far away, Khan fights nothing like Mitchell or Hatton.

If anyone he fights like Lennox Lewis behind a jab but with a high tight guard.

Comment

Originally posted by ßreakbeat View Post
                Khan is alright on the outside but when it comes to his inside fighting he fails. I see the biggest threat to his style is from a pressure fighter who can force himself past that jab.
                I have been saying this for a long time but some of the Khan fans who see everything through rose tinted glasses seem to think Roach's game plan will fix it. They don't seem to realise the inside fighting skills have to be fully developed first. This is the key weakness in Khan's game and unless it is fixed he will come unstuck. It is inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                  Hatton? Hatton had horribly low hands, his chin and footwork let him get away with so much. He threw lefts hooks from way to far away, Khan fights nothing like Mitchell or Hatton.

If anyone he fights like Lennox Lewis behind a jab but with a high tight guard.
                  Ahh, thats the one. Lennox Lewis is an intresting suggestion. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by John Hue View Post
                    I have been saying this for a long time but some of the Khan fans who see everything through rose tinted glasses seem to think Roach's game plan will fix it. They don't seem to realise the inside fighting skills have to be fully developed first. This is the key weakness in Khan's game and unless it is fixed he will come unstuck. It is inevitable.
                    Khan's 23. He can learn the inside game through subsequent training camps. It won't come all at once but it will with time. Just four fights ago Khan had a horrible defence. Now he hardly ships a punch. I'm guessing that when Khan fights an aggressive inside fighter, Roach will work on that aspect of his game. I mean, why train for the inside when you are fighting Kotelnik and Maliganggi? It doesn't make sense to. Give Khan another four fights and I'm sure he will be a lot better on the inside.

Comment

Working...
                    X