Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vanes beat Trout 3x's, Berto and Bradley & Lara is a threat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amatuer's and pro's are two completely different ball games. They are almost different sports. It's irrelevant to the pro's.

But I do agree, Lara is overrated to a degree.

He's a good fighter but he's not as good as most think IMO or atleast not as proven.

He got a gift in the Molina fight and whilst he soundly beat Williams. We really don't know how much William's truly had left at that point.

Comment

A 12 round fight is completely different than a 3 round fight, I don't want to say going 3 rounds at a high amateur level and winning is easy but going those extra 9 rounds against a guy really playing to hurt you (which is what the pro game is really about) is a totally different task.

Anybody quality should be able to go 3 good rounds and stand a good chance of coming out on top but sustaining that for 12 takes a different breed.

Maybe Vanes surprises and beats up on Lara, but Lara is certainly a big time threat to Vanes.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy Greg View Post
        NSB goes through fads all the time on certain fighters and for some reason a lot of you guys act like Lara is the second coming of SRL... His only decent win is against PWILL even though he lost the fight.. other than that, he has fought nothing but a bunch of tomato cans who he should of knocked out..

In the amateurs "the nightmare beat Trout 3 times, Berto and even Bradley and you all act like he is some kind of bum... I wouldnt doubt the Nightmare takes Lara into deep waters and KO's him in the 11th...

But again, this thread will prove that Lara is just another NSB hyped up fighter
        lmao

this aint the amateurs. lara going to school him.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy Greg View Post
          Molina fight was close but lets not act like he is an elite fighter!! Also Pwill was absolutely terrible against southpaws so lets not act like that puts him in elite status
          So PW was terrible against SP? How about beating Maravilla in their first fight, close, and KO Quintana in the second...

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingScenery View Post
            I like Vanes, I think he's a bit underrated, and although your examples are from the Amateur game, I'm really looking forward to this fight

that's probably the best that i've ever seen vanes look. that said, this is from a while back, and junior has since grown and improved a good deal.

vanes is hated because of the way he used to run his mouth and then duck out of signing fights that seemed reasonable at this stage in his career. i remember he called angulo out specifically, then shut the hell up once they actually entertained the idea of fighting him. once angulo had a fight sighed he was rick back on twitter (rofl,) talking ****.

Comment

lara aint nothing special. vanes seems like a way better boxer and puncher to me.

I want vanes to win.

Comment

Yo TS, you sound like you're doubting your fighter! You sound like you're trying to reassure yourself that Vanes will win. This is a fact, that Lara in less than 20 fights has fought better opposition than Vanes in 30ish. Even Hernandez is better than anyone Vanes has faced.
                Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                Lara will beat a chinny Vanes,

Dude almost got KO'd by Saul Roman. Vanes too easy to hit.
                WAY too easy if you ask me. That straight left and lead right hook of Lara is gonna catch him.
                Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                And then also got beat by a washed up Ouma
                And this...

Comment

I like Vanes, I think he's a bit underrated, and although your examples are from the Amateur game, I'm really looking forward to this fight

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  that's probably the best that i've ever seen vanes look. that said, this is from a while back, and junior has since grown and improved a good deal.

vanes is hated because of the way he used to run his mouth and then duck out of signing fights that seemed reasonable at this stage in his career. i remember he called angulo out specifically, then shut the hell up once they actually entertained the idea of fighting him. once angulo had a fight sighed he was rick back on twitter (rofl,) talking ****.
                  I dare Vanes fight Lara on the inside. He gonna end up like Hernandez. Well... regardless he's gonna end up the same way or on the canvas.
                  Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Amatuer's and pro's are two completely different ball games. They are almost different sports. It's irrelevant to the pro's.

But I do agree, Lara is overrated to a degree.

He's a good fighter but he's not as good as most think IMO or atleast not as proven.

He got a gift in the Molina fight and whilst he soundly beat Williams. We really don't know how much William's truly had left at that point.
                  I suggest you go back and rewatch the fight if you think that was a gift.

Comment

ONLY way Vanes wins is by robbery.

Comment

I don't like Vanes much personally but he is a very talented boxer andhas good power. I think we will see if he has what it takes to compete at a higher level against Lara, if Lara makes it a boxing match I think he wins this easy if Vanes can make it a brawl he has the better shot. There are no absolutes in boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X