Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao vs. Lucas Matthysse at 140 (Poll)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crawford-Matthysse must happen first. The winner vs Pacquiao is a legitimate fight.

As for this fight, I'd say Pacquiao by UD but Matthysse would be game. Don't see a KO happening for either guy honestly.
    Last edited by BoxerDood; 05-03-2015, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Pretty sure Manny would dominate Lucas. When has he struggled against aggressive fighters? Morales was probably the last one and Lucas is no Morales.

The guy Arum will be lining up for Manny is Crawford. We might get Crawford-Matthysse before the end of the year and if we do the winner will get Manny.

Comment

too much risk for manny i think especially coming from a loss in his most important fight. besides he is with top rank, before putting him with lucas, bob will put him with crawford, or garcia (mikey) lucas is an outsider

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
          Pretty sure Manny would dominate Lucas. When has he struggled against aggressive fighters? Morales was probably the last one and Lucas is no Morales.

The guy Arum will be lining up for Manny is Crawford. We might get Crawford-Matthysse before the end of the year and if we do the winner will get Manny.
          Manny is here til the fall of 2016 , Crawford should go last, Levi's Stadium in LA Manny vs Lucas is the was to go here

Comment

This fight would make me so happy, War Matthysse! My honest prediction as an unbiased boxing analyst is a Manny UD but Lucas could stop him imo. Manny's chin is solid but so is Matthysse's power.
            Last edited by SalimShady1212; 05-03-2015, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
              too much risk for manny i think especially coming from a loss in his most important fight. besides he is with top rank, before putting him with lucas, bob will put him with crawford, or garcia (mikey) lucas is an outsider
              Mikey is in a contract dispute with TR.

Jessie Vargas is fighting Bradley.

Lucas makes the most sense imo. I don't think TR/Haymon will be making fights on a regular basis. GBP/TR is more likely than other fights.

Comment

I'm not looking forward to seeing manny in the ring Anymore. Stay a politican. He and his team was disrespectful, and when he was humbled, his so called religious beliefs that he discussed every time there was a microphone in his face wasn't there.

What's his record in his last 6 fights? but, the media will put him in a fight, and say he lost to the best fighter in his era, yet last night, they wouldn't recognize floyd's performance.

Comment

Since Manny is out 9-12 months, I think Lucas should take on Postol for the WBC title after Garcia vacates or is stripped. Or he could fight Cuenca for the IBF, since they said Lamont would be stripped if he lost. Lamont also said he's moving up to 147, and would only fight at 140 for Matthysse. The winner of Bradley/Vargas is also a pretty good option, since winner of that will likely be elevated to WBA champ (after Garcia moves up).

Comment

Order of preference for Matthysse (viable options):

1. Pacquiao (if back in time)
                    2. Crawford
                    3. Herrera
                    4. Postol
                    5. Vargas (if he beats Bradley)
                    6. Cuenca (if he beats Yang)

I want to see him against the best opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                      Order of preference for Matthysse (viable options):

1. Pacquiao (if back in time)
                      2. Crawford
                      3. Herrera
                      4. Postol
                      5. Vargas (if he beats Bradley)
                      6. Cuenca

I want to see him against the best opponents.
                      Damn I completely forgot about the true lineal champ, Herrera. Good call.

I don't think Bob would put Crawford in with Matthysse. Matthysse might crack that china and end Bob's new "superstar."

Either way, I think Matthysse has a good pool of opponents. Titles are important to him, so he could face every guy you listed. I would like to see him in an easier fight than his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X