No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao, Top Rank, Koncz Sued Over Shoulder Injury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob View Post
    Even if it wasn't true? Hypothetically, let's suppose for a second that some evidence comes out that can convince you the injury occurred during training. If so, would you still recommend Pac to say instead that it happened during the fight? And if yes, why is that better?

Personally, I think that he should tell it like it is. If the injury occurred during the fight then say that otherwise say what it is.
    I dont think the fact that the injury happened prior to the fight is even in dispute? He got the drugs cleared by usada so obviously he needed them.

Comment

• Pacquiao is not a liar for hiding his injury, and hes not a sore loser for bringing it up in the presser..

He's just plain dumb.

Comment

• Wrong

Look I paid money for the fight.....but I will never stoop to a level to try and get my money back as a lawsuit and then claim damages ...he still was in the ring and risked his health....if he had pulled out the fight we all would. Have been disappointed....floyd takes numbing agents for his hands also and his hands had busted up during the fight would that be an injury going into the fight.....pacquaio shoulder was not 100 percent but was advised it will get better by fight night...so happens it was re injured....it's becoming stupid now....lawsuit will dismissed because he was advised it would be ok by fight night....not much grounds for a lawsuit I reckon

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          the sig pic is legendary dude. LMFAO!!!!!! Guess we wont be seeing any more footlocker commercials. BWhahahahaha
          Thanks dude.

Pac fans wanted it, Pac fans got it

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            I've been here, I'm just stoned and trying to find any excuse to give to Manny.

I acknowledged that Floyd won, Pacs mom something something DKSAB
            And you deserve props fpr being here! However, I must ask you, doesn't Koncz and Freddie deserve to be fired for creating this mess! If you were not going to disclose this injury befpre the fight, why do it after the fight? That's just plain stupid! And who pays these lawsuits? Should it be Manny or Top Rank?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrP4P View Post
              Koncz claim that he "checked the wrong box" will not fly in court

The question clearly says If YES, Please explain....

If he had thought he checked off YES, why didnt he follow up with the explaination that the question was asking for? They're going to ask that and hes going to have a real stupid look on his face

His only defense will be "Uhh I wasnt really paying attention, I wasnt reading it correctly" and that wont fly either.. They're going to be like.. Really? REALLY?

Pacquiao is screwed, They were hiding the injury

Lol yea they are screwed

Comment

• Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                I don't think this goes anywhere. This would set a really bad precedent. Athletes hide injuries all the time. To think that a bunch of degenerate gamblers could sue them for damages is not something the courts want to deal with.
                Its not like Manny fought with one arm all night. The first half of the fight was competitive, it wasn't all that different from many of Floyd's fight. If you bought tickets thinking you would be seeing something different that's on you IMO.
                Already case law in Nevada for this...so no it wouldn't set a precedent.

Comment

• Originally posted by I Love Jesus! View Post
                  I dont think the fact that the injury happened prior to the fight is even in dispute? He got the drugs cleared by usada so obviously he needed them.
                  Actually, he did NOT reveal to USADA that he had an injury:

To make matters worse, Pacquiao and his promoter, Top Rank, released a statement Monday that said his advisers notified the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency — which oversaw drug testing for the fight — of Pacquiao's right shoulder injury well before the May 2 bout "during training." The statement also said USADA "confirmed in writing that the proposed treatments, if used, were completely allowed."

Sources told The News, however, that Pacquiao's camp never informed USADA of the boxer's shoulder injury, and that the two calls his camp made to USADA prior to the fight were inquiries into whether certain substances Pacquiao was considering using were prohibited or not.

Pacquiao's statement also said that the medication “approved for fight night was a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (Toradol).” Aguilar said Pacquiao's team made a request hours before the fight for a lidocaine shot and anti-inflammatories.

“We go through the weigh-in (May 1), we get to the fight, a little after 6 p.m. (local time), we were made aware Pacquiao potentially had a shoulder injury. Then after we were made aware about the injury, a request came to inject his shoulder with lidocaine and a couple anti-inflammatories,” said Aguilar. “We gathered our doctor, Dr. (Timothy) Trainor, who works with the commission evaluating some of these medical concerns, we got with (Pacquiao's) two doctors that did his medical exam prior to weigh-in, and we started going through some of these questions as to what does this mean.

“We got our grounding to what the issue was. It's 6, the fight is supposed to start at 8, you've got to be very conscious about the time and the athlete's health.”

Aguilar said the commission refused the shot because it was too close to fight time and “you want the fighter to be in a natural state. You don't want them to be masking the pain. If they're masking the pain, they are potentially going to have some long-term damage that they may not have had had they not taken the drug.”

According to Travis Tygart, the CEO of USADA, Pacquiao’s camp let the boxer down big time by failing to disclose the boxer's shoulder injury.

“If you're a caring person and Manny actually had an injury, while it has nothing to do with anti-doping, his camp let him down by inaccurately filling out the paperwork for the Nevada Commission in violation of its rules,” said Tygart. “He didn't get the medication that he otherwise could have used. You feel sorry that his team let him down the way that they did. His team either committed an egregious mistake, or their gamesmanship by not disclosing something that could give the opponent a tactical advantage — a shoulder injury — came back to bite them.

“Or they were worried the fight was going to get cancelled because of the injury, and they weren't going to get paid. These guys know better.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/mo...icle-1.2210373

Pac fans will not be able to change history again! This is BULL****!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MrP4P View Post
                    Maidana(Both times) Cotto, Augustus, Castillo, Hatton and DLH all gave Mayweather a tougher fight and atleast they TRIED
                    That's not true man, Pacquiao did better than Cotto who only won 3 rounds on the cards, Pacquiao won 4 with number of swing rounds.

Hatton got stopped and De La Hoya lost 7-5/8-4 the same as Pacquiao. Maidana was wiped out in the second fight.

From those you mentioned, the guys that gave Floyd a tougher match were Castillo 1 and Maidana 1.

Comment

• The shoulder is backfiring. I am sure he's thinking I should have stuck to my first excuse (he did not stand still). Really? Fight Maidana and stand still.

Comment

Working...
                      X