No announcement yet.

The top 5 reasons why Manny Pacquiao will defeat TBE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
    I only see one argument against Pacquiao in this fight, but it's a significant one. Significant enough to make Floyd a slight favourite.

This fight hinges on Manny's ability to get into a scoring position. If he gets in those positions he will score. This won't be like crude fighters unable to shoot right hands past Floyd's lead shoulder. Manny is the best in the business once he's in range.

But there are huge question marks over Manny's ability to get into those positions against a fighter who retreats. And no one is better than Floyd at denying scoring position to his opponent.
    Pretty much that, Manny in his spot will be able to perform the problem is there is no real margin for error for him because he has to be in that specific area against a moving target.

Floyd can mess up a bit, Manny has to fight damn near perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Brush My Hair View Post

INB4THEBAN
      It's a pro pac thread. He won't get banned

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
        If you mention both in the thread title, you usually get banned. TBE refers to Mayweather.

Comment

We all know once Floyd beats Manny he will become a bum like every other opponent Floyd has fought in the past. The smear campaign has already started.

Floyd owns USADA doe.
          Manny old doe.
          Manny blood drained doe.

Blah blah blah. So after the years of trying to belittle Floyd's resume this will be no different.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
            Sunday's a free for all. You can get away with **** for hours on here.

Comment

southpaw, unorthodox style of fighting, speed, power & the heart of a nation

Comment

At this point, I'm really comfortable with a Manny winning by decision. He just has the fresher and stronger legs. The cramps are overblown to be quite honest as he had this issue against Bradley, Rios and Algieri with little to no effect in his movement.

Manny will throw his 1-2, 1-2, 1-4 combinations while coming at every angles unimaginable.

Plain and simple, Floyd never had to face a southpaw with unpredictable angles who not only has equal speed in hands but is far more superior in footwork. Maidana and Canelo were big punchers but they have no movements and are slows as nails.

I'd love a KO but no there's no other better narrative than Manny beating Floyd in his own game.

Comment

I favor Floyd because his style and attributes are easier to impose on Manny than is Manny's style and attributes against Floyd. Manny is going to have to make the fight, stay busy, find a way to make Floyd defensive and stretch those defensive lulls, find a way to navigate Floyd away from center ring, take chances consistently enough where Floyd has no time to think. This is not easy but he has the tools to do it, just don't think it will happen.

Comment

can't wait to see the fight. Hope its a good one.

Always felt Pacquaio could capitalize on Floyd's tendency to consistently back straight up.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
                      1. The difference in quality of sparring partners - While 'TBE' is sparring former foes who are way-past-their-prime in Judah and Corley (one of them who got outboxed by friggin' Malignaggie in his last fight), Manny Pacquiao is getting in solid work against youthful prime prospects, who are testing his reflexes.

2. Manny Pacquiao is good at not smothering his punches - Many former Floyd opponents smother their work when they tee off on him, and/or make it easy for Floyd to grab them/initiate a clinch. Manny fires off straight shots when he has you up against the ropes, while keeping a good distance. This should be a key difference in the fight.

2. Too little, too late - Floyd is trying his hardest to implement new age fitness regimen's, from swimming to Nitrogen/Ice baths. Sure, he may very well get JMM-ed up for this fight, but years of the same old rigid work out routines have taken a toll on Floyd's body, making him a little stiffer. The reason Pacquiao looks faster and fresher of the two is because he SHOCKS his body into shape by mixing up his strength and conditioning routines with his body not building up a tolerance for the workouts. It will pay dividends in this particular fight.

3. Pacquiao has fought more opponents that resemble Floyd, then 'TBE' has fought who resemble Pacquiao - with his latest string of Bradley, Algiri victories, Pacquiao is getting used to the slick, quick, boxer-mover style. And even though these guys are not on the level of Floyd in terms of defense, they're much closer to Floyd then Maidana, Guerrero and Alvarez. It's a good thing that Manny and his team chose Bradley/Algiri after beating up Brandon Rios, instead of pursuing Provodnikov, Matthysse or even Danny Garcia - which wouldn't have been good preparation for a Floyd showdown.

4. Speed, conditioning, footwork - Remember how Floyd used to pick apart his opponents flaws, I.E. Gatti his FLAT FOOTED, hence why I'm gonna beat him, Zab Judah is a front-runner a.k.a. 5-round fighter, hence why I'm gonna beat him. Manny is none of those things. He's got the speed, and he has the stamina to accommodate said speed. He's got enough punching power and his footwork is solid. These are all reasons why Floyd accused his of PED's anyway

5. HE IS SHOOK - Floyd can pretend not to be bothered by this fight. To not be intimidated by acting a loof, but everyone can see it. As many BIG fights as he has had, it's noting compared to this. He is more focused on Manny then Manny is focused on him, which may not be a good thing for him. I think he is gonna carry a lot more of that nervous energy into the ring then Pacman will. That classical "adjustment" everyone talks about won't happen. He will be at the receiving end of the fastest punches in bunches he has seen in his entire career. Constant pressure from a non-slow plodder puncher who (see #4) won't run out of steam. Styles make fights and pot shotting during the quiet periods of the round will be non-existent. This is his bread and butter, scoring eye catching pot shotting blows during the slow periods.

Conclusion: I think this fight will turn on it's head and everything we think will happen won't. Like the okie doke opinion that Manny will do good in the early rounds, while Floyd takes over in the late rounds. I think Floyd is the one who may look like he is running out of steam from round 7 on forward, instead of the other way around (despite the famous "hard work and dedication" slogan). I think Floyd may look better in the early rounds rather then in the late ones, where he is supposed to adjust.
                      Mods don't delete this thread please so I can bump it and laugh in Cupo face.

I will counter your analysis dude.

I agree with you that Pac fighting fast guys who move and pot shot gets him ready for Mayweather more than Floyds last fights in the past several years, Floyd yes he has fought mostly flat foot tailormade guys who make him look good.

The problem you have here is you are thinking about a Pacman of 2009, you are living in denial, Pac of 09 has been long gone you are buying into the hype, Pac knows how to sell those wolf tickets, he has said the killer instinct is back and the old manny is back for years only to fight lacadasical, the only time Pac ever told the truth was in the 4th Marquez fight, he brought the pit bull back but he paid the price.

Also, Pac cannot avoid a right hand to save his life, the fight will either be Floyd by KO, or Floyd by decisions, Pac will ALLOW floyd to grab him, and wait until the ref breaks it, Floyd will hold and hit, or just move back and fire off his signature counter right hand pull counters and left hooks to the body on Pac.

Also Pac chin is glass, Floyd has an iron jaw.

Lastly, I must repeat, you are living in the past, stop dreaming that the Pac who is going to fight Floyd is the one of the beast mode version, this Pac is the softer, loving, older already been knocked out cautious version with old man punches and he is more flat footed as well with less stamina.

You cannot beat me on predictions, I just said Lucas Mattysse would box circles and mark up Ruslans face, my predictions are never wrong unless the fighter doesnt follow the gameplan.

Comment

Working...
                      X