No announcement yet.

Ok kids.....let's talk metal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TucanMcGinty View Post
    There was a girl who was absolutely in love with me, and she was gorgeous too. She was Bolivean and French, with some amazing tattoo work and piercings.

Anyway, she was a metal snob.

I regret never smashing her. She was one of the most gorgeous girls I've ever laid eyes upon.
    oh please don't tell me you denied the ***** cause she was a metal snob....

how do you like Soulfly as compared to Sepultura?

me personally, i like the attitude and passion more in Soulfly but the music is still put together better in Sepultura.

Comment

Originally posted by Spare Moody View Post
      what'd i say. happens every time.

oh well. you threw out some **** that i'm gonna hafta check out. old In Flames IS fucking awesome. i love Dreamscape and the last half of Stand Ablaze (my favorite I.F. solo) from the Lunar Strain album. even that folk music that they'd randomly throw in was fuckin great.

the next few albums were pretty good but they got wayyyyy too mainstream after Claymen
      Anything after Whoracle for me wasn't great. Jester Race is my favorite album of all time. Some melodeath albums I would recommend would be:

Amon Amarth - With Oden On Our Side
      Children Of Bodom - Follow The Reaper
      Ensiferum - Ensiferum
      Kalmah - Swamplord
      Skyfire - Spectral
      Wintersun - Wintersun

Comment

how do you like Soulfly as compared to Sepultura?

me personally, i like the attitude and passion more in Soulfly but the music is still put together better in Sepultura.
        Old Sepultura was epic, nothing in Thrash metal tops Beneath The Remains and Arise, but Soulfly it's kinda on the same boat Ill Nino and Nonpoint, a bit more mainstream and catchy but I don't mind it, Soulfly & Ill Nino was my first concert.

Comment

oh please don't tell me you denied the ***** cause she was a metal snob....
          It wasn't the sole reason why I denied it, I was much younger than I am now. She was 6 years older, in College, an amazing artist, and a metal snob. I was going nowhere with my life at the time, much younger, and pretty much felt inferior to her.

I was scared ****less.

She represented perfection to me at the time. I wish I had a picture, so you could really see how stunning she was.

Comment

Originally posted by Skylight View Post
            Anything after Whoracle for me wasn't great. Jester Race is my favorite album of all time.
            there's only a few songs i like from the next two albums after Whoracle....but those few songs were damn good. dude, tell me you can't dig Pallar Anders Visa:

Comment

Originally posted by Skylight View Post
              Old Sepultura was epic, nothing in Thrash metal tops Beneath The Remains and Arise, but Soulfly it's kinda on the same boat Ill Nino and Nonpoint, a bit more mainstream and catchy but I don't mind it, Soulfly & Ill Nino was my first concert.
              i don't think Soulfly and Nonpoint sound at all alike.

Originally posted by TucanMcGinty View Post
              It wasn't the sole reason why I denied it, I was much younger than I am now. She was 6 years older, in College, an amazing artist, and a metal snob. I was going nowhere with my life at the time, much younger, and pretty much felt inferior to her.

I was scared ****less.

She represented perfection to me at the time. I wish I had a picture, so you could really see how stunning she was.
              so were you actually dating her and you called it off cause you thought she was too good for you???

Comment

there's only a few songs i like from the next two albums after Whoracle....but those few songs were damn good. dude, tell me you can't dig Pallar Anders Visa:

Yea it's good, they just lost touch in their latest (Clayman and so on)and went mainstream........losing a fan here, in fact I'll go as far to call Scorn, Colony, Zombie Inc(great solo) and the remake of Behind Space good songs anything else it's just rubbiss :P

Comment

i don't think Soulfly and Nonpoint sound at all alike.
                  Oh they don't sound alike, but they appeal to more casual listeners than Sepultura.

Comment

so were you actually dating her and you called it off cause you thought she was too good for you???
                    We weren't dating, but it was heading that way. We'd known each other for a year or more, and she wanted it to go to the next level. And yeah, I put a stop to it because I felt she was too good for me. I had issues. I was very indecisive, kinda like "Dante" in "Clerks". I wish I had a "Randall" at that time to put **** into perspective.

Comment

I haven't bought a new metal album in years. I have to admit, I went grunge.

Comment

Working...
                      X