No announcement yet.

Apple shares fall on fears of slowing sales

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple shares fall on fears of slowing sales

Shares in Apple have fallen to their lowest level in more than a year on fears of slowing sales at the computer and mobile phone giant.

Apple's stock price fell 5.8% in afternoon trading in New York.

The fall comes after one of its suppliers, Cirrus Logic, reported falling sales.

With Apple due to release its latest quarterly results next week, some investors fear that the numbers may be underwhelming.

When the company last released three-month results back in January, its revenues came in below market expectations.

Some analysts are also disappointed that Apple has not launched a new version of its iPad tablet computer this month.

There are also rumours that the release of the company's next iPhone may not be until September, rather than in June as had been expected by analysts.

Apple does not comment on questions regarding its product release schedule.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22192782

Stock manipulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Continue1UP View Post
      Stock manipulation.
      Slower sales than expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Chief View Post
        Slower sales than expected.

One supplier's slowing sales of components to Apple is not an indication of anything.

Apple choose to increase or decrease orders based on a number of factors, this has been brought up before to try and manipulate Apple stock before.

Also rumours of product launches are also another classic example.

Comment

One supplier's slowing sales of components to Apple is non any indication of anything.

Apple choose to increase or decrease orders based on a number of factors, this has been brought up before to try and manipulate Apple stock before.

Also rumours of product launches are also another classic example.
          Other suppliers have had to slow orders down too many months a go. Don't say one supplier before I ***** slap you back to 2010.

Comment

Other suppliers have had to slow orders down too many months a go. Don't say one supplier before I ***** slap you back to 2010.

Yep and you seem to think that suppliers know what Apple is doing. Tim Cook is a supply chain wizard.

Everyone is trying to second quess Apple and create rumours to get hits on their websites while manipulating stock to make a quick buck.

The only people who know what is really going on are a few people at the top of Apple.

Comment

Yep and you seem to think that suppliers know what Apple is doing. Tim Cook is a supply chain wizard.

Everyone is trying to second quess Apple and create rumours to get hits on their websites while manipulating stock to make a quick buck.

The only people who know what is really going on are a few people at the top of Apple.
              If demand was high as expected, then manufacturers would not cut down on production. Something is not right.

I worked in manufacturing, and it is clear that Apple is struggling with competitors in a market quickly becoming saturated, hence the 'I Watch'.

The people at the top of the command chain know more than the people at the bottom indeed, but again sales are sales. Apple have not hit targets and more people are looking at alternatives.

Comment

If demand was high as expected, then manufacturers would not cut down on production. Something is not right.

I worked in manufacturing, and it is clear that Apple is struggling with competitors in a market quickly becoming saturated, hence the 'I Watch'.

The people at the top of the command chain know more than the people at the bottom indeed, but again sales are sales. Apple have not hit targets and more people are looking at alternatives.

Tim Cook broadly addressed recent rumors that Apple may have cut iPhone 5 orders on weak demand. That particular rumor gained significant attention, resulting in a notable dip in Apple's stock price.

Cook was careful not to address any particular rumor, but warned against trying to interpret single data points, even if they happened to be accurate:

" Months of rumors about order cuts and so forth, so let me take a moment to comment on these. No comment on any particular rumor.

I suggest its good to question the accuracy of any kind of rumor about build plans. Even if a particular data point were factual, it would be impossible to interpret that data point as to what it meant to our business. The supply chain is very complex and we have multiple sources for things. Yields can vary, supplier performance can vary. There is an inordinate long list of things that can make any single data point not a great proxy for what is going on."

Cook made the comments during today's Q1 Results conference call.

Comment

Tim Cook broadly addressed recent rumors that Apple may have cut iPhone 5 orders on weak demand. That particular rumor gained significant attention, resulting in a notable dip in Apple's stock price.

Cook was careful not to address any particular rumor, but warned against trying to interpret single data points, even if they happened to be accurate:

" Months of rumors about order cuts and so forth, so let me take a moment to comment on these. No comment on any particular rumor.

I suggest its good to question the accuracy of any kind of rumor about build plans. Even if a particular data point were factual, it would be impossible to interpret that data point as to what it meant to our business. The supply chain is very complex and we have multiple sources for things. Yields can vary, supplier performance can vary. There is an inordinate long list of things that can make any single data point not a great proxy for what is going on."

Cook made the comments during today's Q1 Results conference call.
                  That can be said to anything.

If he had addressed the rumour of I Phone 5 sales directly then fine. However all he basically said was 'looking at data can be very hard to determine what is going on'

Anyone who is doing poorly can use those words because it did not actually answer anything.

However he did not say if I Phone 5 sales were booming as expected.

E-mail Apple that question please or find the answer to that for me. Thanks.

Comment

That can be said to anything.

If he had addressed the rumour of I Phone 5 sales directly then fine. However all he basically said was 'looking at data can be very hard to determine what is going on'

Anyone who is doing poorly can use those words because it did not actually answer anything.

However he did not say if I Phone 5 sales were booming as expected.

E-mail Apple that question please or find the answer to that for me. Thanks.

Here's some info for you, chew over that:

World’s best-selling smartphone: Apple iPhone 5; iPhone 4S #2, third place Samsung Galaxy 3 brings up rear

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 · 9:03 am

According to Strategy Analytics’ latest research from their Handset Country Share Tracker (CST) service, Apple’s iPhone 5 became the world’s best-selling smartphone model in the fourth quarter of 2012.

Apple’s iPhone 5 smartphone model shipped an estimated 27.4 million units worldwide during the fourth quarter of 2012. The iPhone 5 captured an impressive 13% share of all smartphones shipped globally. In addition to the iPhone 5, Apple shipped an estimated 17.4 million iPhone 4S units for 8% smartphone share globally in Q4 2012.

Apple’s iPhone 5 and iPhone 4S are currently the world’s two most popular smartphone models.

Apple’s iPhone 5 and iPhone 4S together accounted for 1 in 5 of all smartphones shipped worldwide in Q4 2012. Strategy Analytics estimates Samsung’s Galaxy S3 was the world’s third place smartphone model, shipping 15.4 million units globally, for 7% market (unit) share in the fourth quarter of 2012. According to Strategy Analytics, “global demand for the Galaxy S3 appears to have peaked and Samsung will surely be keen to introduce its rumored Galaxy S4 upgrade in the coming weeks.”

Global Smartphone Shipments & Marketshare by Model in Q4 2012
                    Strategy Analytics: Global Smartphone Shipments & Marketshare by Model in Q4 2012

Notes: Numbers are rounded. Updated total.

Source: Strategy Analytics

MacDailyNews Take: You know, because Apple is doomed.

Comment

Working...
                    X