No announcement yet.

A Win-Win for Chavez Jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
    Fight was made at the right time. Chavez is as ready as he has ever been and people are actually interested in the fight now and more are giving Chavez a chance.
    Come on bro, like many people and Martinez have said, if he wasn't ready why did he have a belt?

The loss will only expose him as the fraud that he is. A dude holding a belt who lost as soon as he stepped up to the elite level.

Comment

That respect thing is gone. Now as a "legit" world champion he should beat the best ... if he loses, then he's not that good, period.

Without a belt then it would be that win-win situation that you're saying, but as the champ that's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
        Come on bro, like many people and Martinez have said, if he wasn't ready why did he have a belt?

The loss will only expose him as the fraud that he is. A dude holding a belt who lost as soon as he stepped up to the elite level.
        I do agree with that, there are guys who damn near clean out a division before a title shot, I would rather see them fight now then to chalk it up as into the "what if" category

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post

I agree that he shouldnt have had the belt but thats how is goes with the corrupt belts like WBC,WBO,ect. I still think the fight was made at the right time.

Comment

The sport can't survive without fans!

Unfortunately, it is NOT a win-win situation for Chavez Jr.

The anti-Chavez will never respect the guy, even if he fcks them anally like he did me. I'm still an anti-chavez.

Win or lose, Chavez Jr. will always be "a legend's son"

If anything, this will only be another W/L to Chavez Jr. resume.

Chavez Jr. should let us all non-believers suck his c0ck. I won't change my view of him otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
              That respect thing is gone. Now as a "legit" world champion he should beat the best ... if he loses, then he's not that good, period.

Without a belt then it would be that win-win situation that you're saying, but as the champ that's gone.
              He's never gonna be on anyone's p4p list but and fighting the best is "supposed" to be what its about. But how many guys with belts legitimatley are willing to do that when they are a legit money draw. In comparison to canelo where there a bunch of legit 154lb guys who can give him a fight, Chavez is taking on the best right now that's why I can at least respect the guy for taking the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Boogie View Post
                He's never gonna be on anyone's p4p list but and fighting the best is "supposed" to be what its about. But how many guys with belts legitimatley are willing to do that when they are a legit money draw. In comparison to canelo where there a bunch of legit 154lb guys who can give him a fight, Chavez is taking on the best right now that's why I can at least respect the guy for taking the fight
                Ge might get respect from taking the fight (not that much since that belt actually belongs to Martinez and we all know it) but if he loses he gets no respect whatsoever, it just means that he's not such a good champion.

EDIT: And Canelo sucks, he might have talent but facing guys like shot Cintron, absolutely shot Mosley, Alfonso Gomez, and now a LWW he's not going to get any respect.

Comment

Ge might get respect from taking the fight (not that much since that belt actually belongs to Martinez and we all know it) but if he loses he gets no respect whatsoever, it just means that he's not such a good champion.
                  I don't view him as a good champion now, and what happend with the WBC was ****ed up but who honestly expected for this fight to even be made, not me a win for martinez is a big **** you to the WBC and all the belt shops, but for chavez it's at least something to build a small piece of cred for himself as a fighter

Comment

EDIT: And Canelo sucks, he might have talent but facing guys like shot Cintron, absolutely shot Mosley, Alfonso Gomez, and now a LWW he's not going to get any respect.
                    I agree with you about canelo, he's in a loaded weight class and has'nt fought anyone who is a threat, so my question for you is at the moment who do you respect more?

Comment

By talking this fight he already won.. Now is time for Broner and Canelo to do the same

Comment

Working...
                      X