Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez should move to 168 while its hot.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
    He can easily fill out his frame to be a good size for 168 and bringing his speed up he would be a serious threat to anyone.
    maybe with the help of Conte.

Comment

sergio walks around 175-180.

he can comfortably fight at 168. stop making excuses for his ducking of great prime opposition and tolerating his attempted cherry picking of welterweights.

sergio can fight at 168. he just doesnt have the ambition.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
        maybe with the help of Conte.
        He's 5'10 with a 75'' reach. And I guarantee he cuts a lot of weight to make 160.

If he gets a competent S & T coach he could put on some more muscle keep his speed and fight much more comfortably at 168.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
          sergio walks around 175-180.

he can comfortably fight at 168. stop making excuses for his ducking of great prime opposition and tolerating his attempted cherry picking of welterweights.

sergio can fight at 168. he just doesnt have the ambition.
          He's not in shape walking around at 180. Do you suggest he fight out of shape?

He can barely even make the 160lbs for the weighin and weighs considerably less than the other middleweights on fight night.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
            He's 5'10 with a 75'' reach. And I guarantee he cuts a lot of weight to make 160.

If he gets a competent S & T coach he could put on some more muscle keep his speed and fight much more comfortably at 168.
            He actually weigh less on fight night than the bigger 154lbs fighters.

He'd have to gain about 15lbs of muscles to be the size of Kessler, Froch or Ward.

15lbs of muscles while doing his regular boxing routine and conditioning?
            At his age?
            Yeah i don't think it's feasible without a complete shift in training approach or banned substances. Or do we expect him to fight as long as Hopkins?

Comment

doesn't he weigh in @ 157 for his 160 fights?

Comment

he doesnt have to weigh in at 168. that is just the limit.

Pac in all of his welterweight fights NEVER weighed in at 147.

Oldschool fighters used to do this all the time. If sergio was so great 168 is where he should be fighting. He doesnt have to come in at 168. Come in light.

Guns dont kill people. People kill people. Size dont win fights. Fighters win fights.

Comment

He's a 154'er that had to move up to 160 to find the bigger pay days. He could fight at 168 no question just like Manny fights at 147 when he's really a sfw, but he would be at a big disadvantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
                    He actually weigh less on fight night than the bigger 154lbs fighters.

He'd have to gain about 15lbs of muscles to be the size of Kessler, Froch or Ward.

15lbs of muscles while doing his regular boxing routine and conditioning?
                    At his age?
                    Yeah i don't think it's feasible without a complete shift in training approach or banned substances. Or do we expect him to fight as long as Hopkins?
                    Ideally he would move up just to compete with those other guys. Obviously he wont because there is probably more money in being the MW champ than fighting as a contender in SMW.

I always thought he had some weight problems, I remember the 2nd Paul Williams fight he weighed like almost 180 pounds 30 days from the fight. He wouldnt be a big SMW but he could move up and still be competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                      he doesnt have to weigh in at 168. that is just the limit.

Pac in all of his welterweight fights NEVER weighed in at 147.

Oldschool fighters used to do this all the time. If sergio was so great 168 is where he should be fighting. He doesnt have to come in at 168. Come in light.

Guns dont kill people. People kill people. Size dont win fights. Fighters win fights.
                      Yeah but the guys Martinez would be fighting are not shot fighters grossly outclassed in handspeed.

Trolls don't kill my brain. Thinking size is irrelevant kill my brain.

Comment

Working...
                      X