No announcement yet.

10 years of posting here

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    Yeah H Hascup is a good shout, knowledgeable and a class act. Had some questions answered by him here and some nice exchanges in PM. And yeah, Poet later became Ziggy Stardust, he hasn't been around for at least 2-3 years.

I don't have the same nostalgia for Prinze though, but at least I could debate him. Was kind of a phony though. He often made posts hating on MMA, yet seemed to watch it often enough to comment on it and post in the MMA section. Either phony or crazy. Now guys just come up with more BS and excuses to fit their narrow minded agenda.

I remember another guy here, but didn't stay long after I started in 2010, I believe he called himself Louden Swain? Anyone remember him?
    I remember Prinze, he seems liked a maniac. He took every chance he had to crap on MMA, but if you read some of his posts, he seemed more knowledgeable than most fans. He even contributed normal, non-flaming posts every now and then which was odd. I think he liked MMA and was a bigger boxing fan and he just liked to troll. No one has that much knowledge of a sport they hate.

I didn't agree with a lot of his boxing opinions, but his History section posts were away better than his MMA posts. Kaps ended up banning from the MMA section and Jab banned him from the History section.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
      what are you guys complaining about? those guys may have left but we have guys like Elroy, a new evolved poster...kind of like an improved version of those guys you mentioned...

See its a different game now, posters are bigger...those guys would all be cruisers now anyway! And Elroy would murder them with just a few words because posters today don't have to use a lot of words like the old time nut bags...

As a matter of fact, unlike those guys? Elroy does not even need to use things like, facts, examples, proof, none of that stuff...
      I was just going to mention Elroy and his greatness.

He inspired me to make this meme, just for him:

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
        Definitely miss Manchine / TGA and Yogi, top posters, I miss the times of Prinzemanspopa as well, that's the first thing I still think of when I think of the the best times of the History Section, controversial views that always brought some great discussion and humour without the insults (So much) and nonsense of today, his arguments with Malone were actually legendary, 2012 - 2013 were the best years, GJC, Barn, Dan, Surgeon, Jab, LeftJab, jabsRstiff, Ruben, BStereotype, Benny, TGA, Malone, Prinze, DTerror88, Steak / BlackIrish, DAZED, Reznick, Rooster, Scott, Joe, Hascup, Mute, Bat, Young_Robbed, Carlos, Heeb, Jro, McGoorty, Shadow, NE, McGrain, WBY, Catskills, mhagler, 1Silva, Obama, Bojangles, SCTrojan, Tesla etc for **** sake, what happened. (That Nostalgia hit)

Edit: Keep adding names as I remember, there's a guy that had like a graffiti artist in a hoodie as his avi, can't quite remember his name if anyone could help would be great, he edited youtube videos as well.
        That's a heck of a memory you got there(and mine is quite crappy in general) I recognize all those names. My username used to be 'yaman' btw.

Speaking of trolling, back in 07 or so Thread Stealer was trolling Vitali Klitschko fans something fierce, it was so hilarious because he has great wits, actually a lot of boxing knowledge especially the history so he was clearly doing it for fun. This was right before Vitali's comeback. I still remember how every post was "Vitali only fought old or fat opponents, or old and fat opponents". Sad thing was, he was actually mostly right about Klitschko at that time LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
          Definitely miss Manchine / TGA and Yogi, top posters, I miss the times of Prinzemanspopa as well, that's the first thing I still think of when I think of the the best times of the History Section, controversial views that always brought some great discussion and humour without the insults (So much) and nonsense of today, his arguments with Malone were actually legendary, 2012 - 2013 were the best years, GJC, Barn, Dan, Surgeon, Jab, LeftJab, jabsRstiff, Ruben, BStereotype, Benny, TGA, Malone, Prinze, DTerror88, Steak / BlackIrish, DAZED, Reznick, Rooster, Scott, Joe, Hascup, Mute, Bat, Young_Robbed, Carlos, Heeb, Jro, McGoorty, Shadow, NE, McGrain, WBY, Catskills, mhagler, 1Silva, Obama, Bojangles, SCTrojan, Tesla etc for **** sake, what happened. (That Nostalgia hit)

Edit: Keep adding names as I remember, there's a guy that had like a graffiti artist in a hoodie as his avi, can't quite remember his name if anyone could help would be great, he edited youtube videos as well.
          Yeah, they were good times. I think around 07-09 and 12/13 were just great times here. Full of great guys, most of whom have left now sadly. I miss GJC. What a champ.
          Last edited by BennyST; 01-25-2016, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Are you purposely acting dense?

No Not Jab obviously. His grandson sent Jab and PM from GJC's account letting us know and was posting on his account for that day.
            I can recall GJC who often talked a load of bvll**** and didn't really know much about boxing. He was a Lennox Lewis nuthugger and known to spin them like Ray Corso now does... This forum was a great place to debate boxing around 5yrs ago, but then a clown known as JAB was made a moderator and he systematically destroyed this forum. He tried to supress posters opinions. Even now the mods have set up a thread: "Sonnyboys Lennox Lewis appreciation thread" - They cannot see just how foolish and totally lacking in knowledge and debate they are making themselves look... They need to only look on YouTube or any other boxing forum, They will see thousands saying exactly the same as i have said for years about Lennox Lewis.

Comment

Wild Blue Yonda that was a great poster.

That was a great time barely any of the old crew post now.

The best of all being GJC for me R.I.P to the legend!!!
              There was a whole bunch of great guys from that time who've gone. TheHoffsGhost, K-Nan, MGKirk, Kayjay, Beo, JuyJuy, Peebs (PBDS), MetalVomit, Mickeyb, abadger, !!Captain, msagrain, Deranged, KoolWillie, BrooklynBomber...

Good times, good times. Luckily a few chaps from that period are still around and still posting. MrTambourineman, Bat, Clegg, Squeal, Annie etc.
              Last edited by BennyST; 01-25-2016, 09:46 AM. Reason: Too many that keep popping back into my head.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                I can recall GJC who often talked a load of bvll**** and didn't really know much about boxing. He was a Lennox Lewis nuthugger and known to spin them like Ray Corso now does... This forum was a great place to debate boxing around 5yrs ago, but then a clown known as JAB was made a moderator and he systematically destroyed this forum. He tried to supress posters opinions. Even now the mods have set up a thread: "Sonnyboys Lennox Lewis appreciation thread" - They cannot see just how foolish and totally lacking in knowledge and debate they are making themselves look... They need to only look on YouTube or any other boxing forum, They will see thousands saying exactly the same as i have said for years about Lennox Lewis.
                GJC is one of the best posters this sites ever had and very beloved by the forum. He was also on the forum when you say it was the best site ever.

I can't recall if he was a Lennox Lewis fan or not but bull**** is not a language that he spoke in.

Plus the man is dead and can't defend himself.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
                  It's been 10 years and I must say this is my favorite forum section I've been in on the internet. It has had up and downs but one thing was always the same, it was entertaining.

It's too bad that none of the posters who were active in 06 are still around(I don't think). Great historians like Yogi, K-Dog, ManOrMachine and they had hilarious confrontations with ones like Butterfly, blockhead and others. I wonder if they're still around, maybe some old heads will join in.
                  All of those guys were still around until a few years ago, though posting much more sporadically. ManOrMachine changed his name a few times.

Comment

GJC is one of the best posters this sites ever had and very beloved by the forum. He was also on the forum when you say it was the best site ever.

I can't recall if he was a Lennox Lewis fan or not but bull**** is not a language that he spoke in.

Plus the man is dead and can't defend himself.
                    He wasn't a 'fan', but anyone who disagrees with Sonny's bull**** about Lewis becomes a Lewis fan of course. So GJC who would simply disagree with his BS and put up a neutral, realistic opinion is now said to have talked a lot of bull**** and been a 'fan'.

GJC was truly one of the greats.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                      He wasn't a 'fan', but anyone who disagrees with Sonny's bull**** about Lewis becomes a Lewis fan of course. So GJC who would simply disagree with his BS and put up a neutral, realistic opinion is now said to have talked a lot of bull**** and been a 'fan'.

GJC was truly one of the greats.
                      Not in my opinion he wasn't

Comment

Working...
                      X