Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Anthony Joshua signed with Al Haymon....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Anthony Joshua signed with Al Haymon....

Do you think...

1. Haymon could make Joshua a star in the states?
    And
    2. Would Joshua make better money being with Haymon then he would with Hearn?

Hypothetical because I know Joshua has signed a new deal with Hearn and I highly doubt Haymon is buying him out of it.

Originally posted by Tedkidlewis View Post
    Do you think...

1. Haymon could make Joshua a star in the states?
    And
    2. Would Joshua make better money being with Haymon then he would with Hearn?

Hypothetical because I know Joshua has signed a new deal with Hearn and I highly doubt Haymon is buying him out of it.
    Well the first question is, do you think he's doing a good job making domestic guys here stars?

Comment

haymon doesn't know anything about promoting. he has guys like lara fighting in chicago in front of empty stadiums. he would prob put joshua in alaska and pay him a million dollars but yea

Comment

i dont know man asking Salka to move up to heavyweight is asking lil too much imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
          Well the first question is, do you think he's doing a good job making domestic guys here stars?
          He had Floyd and is doing a good job building fighters and getting them to a wider audience.

I mention Joshua because many see him as potentially one of the most marketable prospects around today.

Comment

Al Haymon is good for over paying fighters but he and his team has no clue how to build stars. So to answer you question, absolutely not.

Comment

He would probably be the WBC champ by now, never mind, Haymon wouldn't match his 2 top fighters from the same weight class.
              Last edited by ironmike2012; 12-14-2015, 12:00 AM.

Comment

He had Floyd and is doing a good job building fighters and getting them to a wider audience.
                Floyd was well on his way when he met Haymon. I am sure Al helped (Floyd certainly thinks so) but it's not like he took Floyd from a prospect to the star he became by himself.

He's got a few guys (Spence comes to mind off the top of my head) who are test cases to see how Haymon/PBC can build fighters. Not saying that they can't, but they haven't done it yet.

AJ should stay overseas right now unless Haymon offers stupid money. Right now he's drawing big crowds, getting folks excited overseas (where boxing is way bigger than in America). He should just keep doing what he's doing right now.

Comment

He should stick with someone who will give him his full attention. Haymon has about 300 other boxers he manages or advises so he can't devote much time and effort to one English boxer.

Comment

He would eventually have to fight in the states to make a bigger impression. Whether he signs for Arum,Haymon or King is not really relevant.

Comment

Working...
                    X