Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As far as the general public goes: Are Ali, Tyson, FMJ, Pac...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyson and Ali fo sho............

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
      That may be true but they arent as well known.

People who dont follow sports at all will not know who these two are. But Ali and Tyson are a part of pop culture, everyone knows them.

My GF's brother didnt know who either Pac or May are, but he'd laugh if I asked if he knew who Ali or Tyson were. They are different level.
      Originally posted by el*** View Post
      Ali and tyson are probably the most famous in america. Then maybe george foreman.

Honestly the biggest coverage of mayweather and pac is probably from TMZ and their stupid ****. I mean fighters dont even do commercials anymore in america. Foreman was everywhere in the 90s, even holyfield. Foremans image is still everywhere for the grill even though he sold the rights.

Even tyson ends up in cameos in movies and ****. DLH is pretty big but way less famous. The only coverage he gets in mainstream media is when he was caught dressing in drag.
      Good posts and I agree.

Comment

Sorry Larry's no body gives a f!u!c!k who Floyd is, it's Ali and tyson

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
          The neighbors after the May-Pac fight:

"Andre Ward would KO Floyd!"
          I'd have to give them some points just for knowing Ward tbf. I wouldn't expect Ward to be on a casual fans known boxers list.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            I'd have to give them some points just for knowing Ward tbf. I wouldn't expect Ward to be on a casual fans known boxers list.
            We live in the Bay Area. Andre Ward is more known in San Francisco and Oakland area and the rest of the Bay Area.

Comment

I forgot about Oscar De La Hoya, I think it would go Ali Tyson, Sugar Ray Leonard, then Oscar De La Hoya, then Mayweather Pacquiao.

Oscar de la hoya basically made Floyd and Manny when he fought them he transferred the mainstream attention to them.

Sugar Ray Leonard well known back int he 70s, 80s and 90s, but recent years less younger they are the less likely they know him.

Oscar De La hoya is slowly becoming less known by the younger people as well but he was big time, right now Mayweather and Pacuqiao are huge because of social media and internet, what Oscar and Sugar Ray Leonard did without internet is very difficult, Mayweather and Pac got big off him.

Ali and Tyson stand the test of time with their name and image.

Comment

We live in the Bay Area. Andre Ward is more known in San Francisco and Oakland area and the rest of the Bay Area.

once you get to San Jose, Ward fans begin to dissipate

by Bakersfield, people can't tell you who Ward is

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  once you get to San Jose, Ward fans begin to dissipate

by Bakersfield, people can't tell you who Ward is
                  Bakersfield isn't Bay Area but yeah I wouldn't expect them to know him really. People only know him because (at least) Comcast has done a few segments of him on the local Comcast Bay Area Sports Network channels.

And he has an Olympic Gold Medal.

Comment

Ahhhh ok that explains it. Points revoked.

Comment

In Norway boxing is one of the smaller sports there is. When I have asked people (and I often ask people about this) extremely few know who Mayweather are, a couple knows Pacquaio, everyone knows Tyson. But dissapointingly few (although some) know who Ali is, they have heard his name but can't tell you any more than that.

We have Cecilia Brækhus, the female P4P #1 - and still, news here only cover her. Of course the Pacquaio - Mayweather fight was in the news, but other than that there are seriously never anything in there.

The only other fighter the Norwegian public knows in general are another Norwegian fighter Ole Klemetsen, who kind of sucks.

So as a representation of the far North - the only two really really big ones are Mike Tyson and Muhammad Ali as far as my research on the matter goes..

Comment

Working...
                      X