Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hate and Hypocrisy: British fight fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of his haters over in the UK are cowards to admit it. There's huge regional tension between white working class and Pakistani communities in parts of England; the north-west for one - exactly where Khan is from. It boils down to a war of civilisation and it's a problem England has imported. But to blatantly despise a young man who wins a silver medal for your country at the Olympics is pretty sickening.

A lot of working-class Brits are known for their 'ave-a-go, white-van-man nethanderal outlook. Khan doesn't relate to them.

Comment

Khan can come across quite arrogant and doesn't think before he speaks at times. If you're arrogant and you get knocked out in 54 seconds, you're going to be laughed at. I cannot remember off the top of my head what the exact quotes were but I do remember feeling slightly embarrassed for Khan after reading a few.

Sadly, Khan's ethnicity and religious beliefs will be the cause for dislike from a small percentage of British boxing fans.

He means well and really does want to entertain the fans when he steps through those ropes, It's just his antics outside of the ring attract a lot of negativity. He's been a household name over here since he turned pro, so he has a lot to live up to.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
        Khan can come across quite arrogant and doesn't think before he speaks at times. If you're arrogant and you get knocked out in 54 seconds, you're going to be laughed at. I cannot remember off the top of my head what the exact quotes were but I do remember feeling slightly embarrassed for Khan after reading a few.

Sadly, Khan's ethnicity and religious beliefs will be the cause for dislike from a small percentage of British boxing fans.

He means well and really does want to entertain the fans when he steps through those ropes, It's just his antics outside of the ring attract a lot of negativity. He's been a household name over here since he turned pro, so he has a lot to live up to.
        Did you lose an avatar bet?

Comment

Originally posted by Terrel View Post
          Did you lose an avatar bet?
          I did.

I will have my revenge.

Comment

Well I'm a black British boxing fan and I find Khan annoying. Not because he lost, because that's a part of boxing for most fighters. It's his sense of entitlement and lack of self-awareness that I can't stand. The problem is he's bought into his own hype. He was proclaiming himself above his peers at lightweight before winning a British title- but was getting put down by the likes of Willie Limond and a washed up Michael Gomez. His team was demanding Sky Sports PPV money and then Breidis Prescott happened. To his credit, Khan bounced back but instead of concentrating his opponents he was already putting himself in dream fights and telling others they weren't on his level. Then when when it all went wrong (twice), he blames everything and everyone else and won't face his own short-comings. On top of that, he's already choosing where he wants his rematch, as if he deserves one.

Khan can try and fix as far as his boxing is concerned, but until he realises he isn't elite yet and has things to learn, he'll get knocked out again. That's not hate, that's a humble opinion.

Comment

I thought there was a ban on racial and nationalistic threads - this thread is both.

Racism/Nationalism
              Racism/Nationalism Any posts racial or nationalistic based will be immediately deleted and the poster banned without question.

Comment

Trust me the British mentality is of a loser

Any prospect we have we build them up and tear them down, the media is deadly over here.

If Lennox Lewis didnt spend 90% of his time in Canada he'd have ended up like a typical British loser

Only sport the British are good at Darts, Snooker and Farting

We don't breed winners

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                  I did.

I will have my revenge.
                  Aha. Who'd you lose to?

Comment

Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
                    Well I'm a black British boxing fan and I find Khan annoying. Not because he lost, because that's a part of boxing for most fighters. It's his sense of entitlement and lack of self-awareness that I can't stand. The problem is he's bought into his own hype. He was proclaiming himself above his peers at lightweight before winning a British title- but was getting put down by the likes of Willie Limond and a washed up Michael Gomez. His team was demanding Sky Sports PPV money and then Breidis Prescott happened. To his credit, Khan bounced back but instead of concentrating his opponents he was already putting himself in dream fights and telling others they weren't on his level. Then when when it all went wrong (twice), he blames everything and everyone else and won't face his own short-comings. On top of that, he's already choosing where he wants his rematch, as if he deserves one.

Khan can try and fix as far as his boxing is concerned, but until he realises he isn't elite yet and has things to learn, he'll get knocked out again. That's not hate, that's a humble opinion.
                    Nice too see a man talk sense around here green k

Comment

Originally posted by Terrel View Post
                      Aha. Who'd you lose to?
                      Garcia's lover aka Bossy.

I lost a bet to do with football, now boxing...

Think I'm going to castrate myself with a pair of pliers if this trend continues.

Comment

Working...
                      X