Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Naazim Richardson: Ward has not shown yet what he has.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naazim Richardson: Ward has not shown yet what he has.

This interview was done before the Dawson fight. And, Nazim is asked who he thinks the next "superstar" is, and you can listen to his response here. Great stuff from the zen master, Naazim. His comparison with Ward and Tim Duncan is seriously on point. But, the highlight of the video, is when he says "People will be surprised when Ward starts cracking dudes". Enjoy.

If Ward moves up it's hard to see him stopping fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      If Ward moves up it's hard to see him stopping fighters.
      You could be right, but it's really hard to tell. See the thing is with Ward, you can't really pinpoint how good he is in any certain area because he mixes so many things together and he flows like water as he does it. But, like I said what really surprised me in this video is how Naazim mentioned Ward knocking people out in the amateurs and how people would be surprised when he does it in the pros, even I was skeptical. Until last Saturday night. Ward's still not a big puncher, but he punches so precise, with so much speed and great timing he can drop guys like that. Ward's accuracy and timing is improving fight by fight. And his accuracy and timing was at an all time high against Dawson.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
        You could be right, but it's really hard to tell. See the thing is with Ward, you can't really pinpoint how good he is in any certain area because he mixes so many things together and he flows like water as he does it. But, like I said what really surprised me in this video is how Naazim mentioned Ward knocking people out in the amateurs and how people would be surprised when he does it in the pros, even I was skeptical. Until last Saturday night. Ward's still not a big puncher, but he punches so precise, with so much speed and great timing he can drop guys like that. Ward's accuracy and timing is improving fight by fight. And his accuracy and timing was at an all time high against Dawson.
        Well I suppose Paulie started stopping fighters when he moved up in weight so anything's possible.

It will be interesting to see who Ward's next opponent is. He wants Chavez but will the fight be on the table after this weekend? hard to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
          This interview was done before the Dawson fight. And, Nazim is asked who he thinks the next "superstar" is, and you can listen to his response here. Great stuff from the zen master, Naazim. His comparison with Ward and Tim Duncan is seriously on point. But, the highlight of the video, is when he says "People will be surprised when Ward starts cracking dudes". Enjoy.

Nice pull. Repped.

Comment

Excellent interview. Some prophetic stuff right there.

Comment

people often understate the amateurs

i do it myself because of the point system and the styles it has a tendency to produce.

there's a value in what comes from being an elite level athlete from the time you're 12 years old.

golovkin, rigondeaux, gamboa, these guys aren't hugely experienced professionals, but they're experienced fighters. people have been showing up with their a game to beat them since they were kids.

Comment

Ward stated in his post fight that he was about to start busting doods up.. 100% paraphrased!

Comment

whatever nazim with your crazy talk...he gave it his all againts bika and did'nt impress ...at all...

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    people often understate the amateurs

i do it myself because of the point system and the styles it has a tendency to produce.

there's a value in what comes from being an elite level athlete from the time you're 12 years old.

golovkin, rigondeaux, gamboa, these guys aren't hugely experienced professionals, but they're experienced fighters. people have been showing up with their a game to beat them since they were kids.
                    Good post
                    The problem is people underestimating amateurs......the point system is simply that, a points system...it should not be used to measure a fighter at all......people who were elite amateurs can be great pros or horrible pros but to say that elite amateurs won't make great pros before they've even fought their first pro fight is ridiculous. Just like you said. Elite athletes are elite athletes. Just because one guy wears headgear and the other guy doesn't don't mean s.hit. either the guy is better or he isn't. Period.

Comment

Working...
                    X