Chavez Jr. vs Vanes or Rubio on Feb. 5 Donaire Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chavez Jr. vs Vanes or Rubio on Feb. 5 Donaire Card

Per Dan's notebook.

Both are reasonable steps up for Chavez. He could be in trouble with Vanes too.

What about Martinez? Arent they going to vacate his title if he doesnt fight him next?

Comment

I really, really don't see the fuss with Vanes. Chavez would be adding his long name to his record if they ever met.

Comment

Arent both Vanes and JCC jr trained by Roach?

Comment

Originally posted by esconore View Post
          Arent both Vanes and JCC jr trained by Roach?
          I didnt even think about that. I guess that fight wont happen.

Comment

I'm slowly starting to like JCCjr. I'll take bets on him over either.

Comment

so hes gonna pull a ridick bowe???

Comment

Realizing that Chavez will NEVER fight Sergio, I was hoping that Alvarez would fight Vanes in February/March, and that Chavez would fight Rubio or Lee in February, than return 3-4 months later with a super fight against Cotto. And I was hoping Alvarez, if he beat Vanes (which I think he would pretty handily), would fight the Kirkland-Molina winner or Lara.

Also, if Erislandy Lara doesn't get another big shot at 154, after he whooped Williams, than I'd really like to see him move upt o 160 and fight the Pirog-Geale winner, which is something he said he'd do.

Comment

Would favor Vanes over him easy.

Rubio-Chavez is a very even fight.

Comment

In Rafael's chat he said he thinks Vanes is gonna get that fight.

I don't see how considering the Roach aspect, but take it for what it's worth I guess...

Comment

Working...
                    X