Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watched my opponent I'm fighting in the finals...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watched my opponent I'm fighting in the finals...

I'm in the finals of a big tournament in my area. A lot bigger than the Golden Gloves over here. I've explained it in other threads.

So yesterday when I got out of work me and a friend of mine drove 1.5 hours to go watch these two kids fight in their regional finals. (There are 4 separate tournaments and all the winner fight each other.) The winner of the fight last night, and myself are the last ones standing.

The kid won by 2nd round KO. He looked like a good boxer, but he didn't seem really fast or really strong. Nothing really impressed me. His opponent kinda sucked, he was slow and was a lot shorter than him. I'm taller than him, and I consider myself fast. The kid he was fighting also clearly had ****ty stamina and no heart. This kid is in with a whole different animal when he steps in there with me.

I'm so glad I went to watch this kid fight. I feel like I got a very good advantage. I noticed some things about him like when you throw lots of punches at him he just covers up. He likes to counter, make you throw, take half a step back and throw his right hand.

This kid is the only thing standing between me and a championship belt....I WANT THAT BELT!

Nice. I'd love to be able to scout opponents. Good luck for your fight.

Comment

Originally posted by mgkirkpatrick View Post
      Nice. I'd love to be able to scout opponents. Good luck for your fight.
      Yea it was a long ride but I figured I'd just do it, plus kill time while I was waiting for Mayweather-Marquez to start. I think it was worth it. Now I don't have to sit around wondering...is he southpaw? right handed? tall? short? fast? slow? I know pretty much what he bring to the table.

Thanks man I appreciate it.

Comment

Did you trash talk him when you were there and tell him how bad you're gonna whoop dat ass? haha jk.

Good luck in the fight. It always good when you can see your opponent before. Now you have time to train specifcally for him.

Comment

Originally posted by RightHooker View Post
          Did you trash talk him when you were there and tell him how bad you're gonna whoop dat ass? haha jk.

Good luck in the fight. It always good when you can see your opponent before. Now you have time to train specifcally for him.
          lol nah but that would have been funny. I just watched the fight and after he knocked the kid out I left. He doesn't evenknow I was there lol.

Comment

It would be hilarious if he sparked you out within 30 second in the first round.

Complacency my friend, complacency.

But I'm sure you will do it.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamSparkz View Post
              It would be hilarious if he sparked you out within 30 second in the first round.

Complacency my friend, complacency.

But I'm sure you will do it.
              That would definitely be hilarious lol. I can guarantee that will not happen though. It won't be complacency because I know what this kid brings to the table...somewhat. And Thanks.

Comment

are you trying to fool someone,your tournament is bigger than golden gloves,is it professional what is this all about,i have never heard of a tournament anything nearly remotely close to golden gloves,are you talking about boxing or something else please explain
                Last edited by mrboxer; 09-21-2009, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mrboxer View Post
                  are you trying to fool someone,your tournament is bigger than golden gloves,is it professional what is this all about,i have never heard of a tournament anything nearly remotely close to golden gloves,are you talking about boxing or something else please explain
                  I'm not trying to fool anyone. Bro....there are many bigger tournaments than the Golden Gloves. Especialy regional Golden Gloves. The National Golden Gloves are big, but there is still bigger tournaments.

In my area, the Golden Gloves is just two different tournaments, SNE and NNE. The tournament I'm in, the NE Travel Team Championships is much bigger than the Golden Gloves here. There is all kinds of kids who wouldn't be in our regional golden gloves.

4 different touraments in 4 different areas. Winners are all matched up until only oe is left standing. It's a very big tournament. Over a month long. Winners are awarded championship belts and on the traveling team.

This tourament ****s on the Golden Gloves over here.

Comment

never heard of it, bigger then the GG's? uhhhh.... okay.

Comment

Working...
                    X