Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Miguel Cotto-Canelo Alvarez Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just watched the fight. Very entertaining fight, with good exchanges and action, lots of power punches. I like that.

I see canelo improved from the last years.

Comment

• I see marquez said it was a draw, freddy said cotto won, I think canelo won pretty clearly. Maybe some rounds could have been scored for cotto and I'm ok with that, cotto did a good fight, but overall I think Alvarez got the fight he was way more effective with his punches.

I like both fighters so I would have been happy for both of them to win eitherway, important was to watch a good fight and I think it was I'm satisfied with the action they put on the ring.

Comment

• Oscar can take off his lucky fishnets now....

Comment

• anybody knows the weight of cotto and alvarez before the fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Helm View Post
            I see marquez said it was a draw, freddy said cotto won, I think canelo won pretty clearly. Maybe some rounds could have been scored for cotto and I'm ok with that, cotto did a good fight, but overall I think Alvarez got the fight he was way more effective with his punches.

I like both fighters so I would have been happy for both of them to win eitherway, important was to watch a good fight and I think it was I'm satisfied with the action they put on the ring.
            Any coincidence that Marquez (who called Canelo 'entitled') and Freddie both picked Cotto pre-fight?

I don't see any way that fight can be scored closer than 8-4 Canelo.

I gave Miguel 3 of the first 5 rounds, after that Canelo took 6 of the last 7.

Comment

• Solid fight. I had canelo winning 8-4. Thought cotto did as well as possible but the size difference lowered the damage his punches rendered. Canelo boxed well and landed a lot of solid shots that I thought were hurting cotto.

Watched the fight with 2 of my boys- 1 a casual and the other a big fan whose actually a diehard Manny fan, but not a tard. Both felt lampley was biased towards canelo because they didn't say anything when cotto landed but acted like every canelo punch was effective. I didn't think it was that bad but I tune lampley out easily.

Fight before shouldn't have been stopped. Great fight. Rigo's fight could've been stopped and I doubt no one cared. $70 was a little expensive but I was satisfied.

Comment

• Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                Lol it's already started.

Cotto fans already jumping on the GGG bandwagon when their fighter dropped the belt just so he didnt have to fight GGG (if he won).
                Did you seriously just call me a Cotto fan jumping on the Golovkin bandwagon? Seriously, why don't people actually pay attention before they say stupid **** about people that isn't the least bit true?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  Solid fight. I had canelo winning 8-4. Thought cotto did as well as possible but the size difference lowered the damage his punches rendered. Canelo boxed well and landed a lot of solid shots that I thought were hurting cotto.

Watched the fight with 2 of my boys- 1 a casual and the other a big fan whose actually a diehard Manny fan, but not a tard. Both felt lampley was biased towards canelo because they didn't say anything when cotto landed but acted like every canelo punch was effective. I didn't think it was that bad but I tune lampley out easily.

Fight before shouldn't have been stopped. Great fight. Rigo's fight could've been stopped and I doubt no one cared. $70 was a little expensive but I was satisfied.
                  i agree, tony weeks thought the japanese not returning any punches could be a sign of danger, but i think he was wrong. Mura would have survived that round if the fight was not stopped (prematurely)!

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                    Any coincidence that Marquez (who called Canelo 'entitled') and Freddie both picked Cotto pre-fight?

I don't see any way that fight can be scored closer than 8-4 Canelo.

I gave Miguel 3 of the first 5 rounds, after that Canelo took 6 of the last 7.
                    Exactly the same as me.
                    Now the dust has settled its clear to see what happened last night. I just watched it against. It really wasn't that close.

Where those Cotto fanboys at?!

Comment

• Originally posted by chito View Post
                      i agree, tony weeks thought the japanese not returning any punches could be a sign of danger, but i think he was wrong. Mura would have survived that round if the fight was not stopped (prematurely)!
                      Yeah I thought so too but man, he took a lot of hard shots. Maybe I'm too old school but I thought mura deserved to defend his title until he couldn't go anymore. No reason to stop that fight. It stinks that he was leading when the fight was stopped. I'm not going to go all freedom but this felt like a hometown move by weeks.

Props to both guys though.

Comment

Working...
                      X