Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Pacquiao/Bradley2, SOBER...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think your opinion on Pac's performance is based on how good you think Bradley is. I personally rate Bradley pretty high. To compare Floyd's last several opponents, I consider Tim to be a better fighter and more difficult matchup than Canelo, Guerrero, Ortiz, Maidana, etc.

If you dont rate Bradley's ability then I can see how you would see Pac as looking sluggish or slower.

That was an impressive win all things considered. It's easy to take guys like Pac and Floyd for granted.

Comment

I just rewatched it sober and Pacquiao did a lot better than I remember. I missed a lot of his punches but he was landing on Bradley and Landing Hard.

Comment

I had the first fight 7-5 Pacquiao. This fight I had 8-4 Pacquiao, he looked really good I must say. I picked Bradley to win beforehand. I underestimated Pacquiao as a boxer, his timing is great and he is not too bad at avoiding shots. His stamina is freakin amazing. His killer instinct is gone but I think this is a great thing at his age and after so many wars. He can simply win with his speed, going in and out at the right moments in the round. No need to take unnecessary risks.

Comment

At this stage I wouldn"t be surprised if some fans consider Manny Pacquiao a cherry pick lol.

Comment

Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
            Your gif is an example of why this would not be an easy fight for Floyd. You can't be satisfied with dodging two punches and landing a glancing blow vs Manny. You need to throw punches in bunches in order to win against the volume of punches that Manny is going to throw and land.

Floyd doesn't want to throw a lot. He wants to dodge, land a pot shot here and there, and eek rounds out that way. That's not working vs. Manny - you have to exchange.
            This^^^^

people was hoodwinked to go blind. Floyd coc ks before he fires, he waits for his slow opponents to punch a one-two combo then counter. when was the last time floyd fought a Pacquiao caliber fighter?
            This 2014 Pacquiao is more dangerous for floyd than any version of pacquiao, and floyd knows that. Flow-moist also knows that and they dont want the fight to happen neither. Ask any of them they will tell you its better for Pacquiao to retire for obvious reason.
            Last edited by tibbar; 04-13-2014, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
              I think your opinion on Pac's performance is based on how good you think Bradley is. I personally rate Bradley pretty high. To compare Floyd's last several opponents, I consider Tim to be a better fighter and more difficult matchup than Canelo, Guerrero, Ortiz, Maidana, etc.

If you dont rate Bradley's ability then I can see how you would see Pac as looking sluggish or slower.

That was an impressive win all things considered. It's easy to take guys like Pac and Floyd for granted.

Totally agree. I too think that Bradley is a very good fighter, in his prime and undefeatead. Before the fight I thought that Bradley had many chances to winning this fight so now I have to give Pac due credit.

Comment

Originally posted by Le samouraļ View Post
                Manny had Bradley desperately swinging for the fences. He got caught a couple of times but controlled the second half of the fight and they were about even in the first half. He took over and started to pick him apart, reducing him to the clowning that cost him most dearly. This is against a young, prime, top level P4P guy who he first fought two years ago. He's able to put on that type of performance this late in his career, and following a devastating knockout loss. If people don't respect Manny now, I don't know what to say.
                100% Perfect summary.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  What made the /Mayweather/Pacquiao fight so interesting once, and what had me picking Pacquiao to win that fight once upon a time, was how hard Pacquiao's whole arsenal was to handle. He was so quick and constantly moving and threw punches that were so hard to predict, and even if you did predict them he found ways to land them anyway. His volume was crazy. If you punched him in the mouth, he came at you like a madman to make up for it. Mayweather would have had a very hard time dealing with all that.

Now Pacquiao is more of an unorthodox, speedy southpaw who likes to box. He isn't going to beat Mayweather trying to box, and when he does get countered hard, whereas before he would have got pissed off and gone at Mayweather throwing combos, he'll probably just reset and keep getting countered now. He'll try those combos every so often, miss, eat a shot, rinse and repeat.

It's over, man. Pac still has the talent and skill to pose some problems, but the day where Pacquiao beats Floyd Mayweather is gone. It's horribly depressing, but it's true.
                  Agree with this entirely. In 2009-2010 this could've been fight of the century. Pac's relentlessness was the X-factor.

Sad to think about what could've been.

Comment

Floyd easy UD...Floyd would probably land 60% of his shots and 80% of his jabs vs Pacquiao. Bradley tagged him so many times.
                    Last edited by AltairLOM; 04-13-2014, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X