A thread dedicated to one of my personal hero's,Roberto Duran

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A thread dedicated to one of my personal hero's,Roberto Duran

Roger Mayweather-"Roberto Duran was a bad mofo."

Truly an ATG. I often wonder what would have become of the rematch with Leonard had he NOT blow up in between fights and stayed consistent as he had beforehand.

Comment

One of the best ever. He is one of the reasons I fell in love with the sport of boxing

Comment

"Me and Roberto Duran are similar in our styles. I have a lot in common with my hero. We both put on a lot of weight between fights. People have always said it will affect your longevity but it did not affect Roberto's longevity."-Ricky Hatton

Comment

Is it possible that Duran is the most widely respect and beloved fighter of all time?

He was the meanest baddest Latin fighter ever. That has to count for something. He had the Panamanian stamina that Americans and Europeans could not match. He got it from the mountains and the humidity.

Hero
          Legend
          Icon

Comment

He's my favorite fighter of all time. Accomplished so much and fought for over thirty years as a pro with over a hundred fights. At lightweight he was unbeatable. By the time he fought Leonard the first time, he had grown into such a great technical fighter to go along with his already scary offensive prowess. Duran is the ultimate badass of boxing.

Comment

My favorite fighter of all time, a man who truly wanted to test how great he was.

To contribute to the thread:
              Last edited by ea22; 10-01-2015, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Nice post, thanks. It never gets old watching clips of the great Roberto Duran. The true baddest man on the planet.

Comment

I green K'ing errbody

Comment

My all time favorite. I never got to watch him fight live but I did get to dance salsa at his bar with him singing. He isn't as great of a salsa singer as he was a boxer but he is pretty good.

Duran's (actually owned by his son) is a great place to go if you are ever in Panama. My group of about 15 people were just talking and talking. They thought I was not social because all I was doing was watching his fights in the TVs they have there showing his fights on a loop.

Comment

Working...
                    X