Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a Chicano

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats the difference between a chicano hispanic or latino??

why is carne asada so good??

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
      You're the dude who said there's nothing that pisses him off more than a White guy claiming that he's 1/8 Cherokee (even if he is,) because he knows absolutely zilch about the culture of that heritage. But somehow couldn't care less that someone has been falsely claiming to be Native American on college entrance and job applications (just because they happen to be a Democrat.) And it turns out you have zero knowledge of the culture of the heritage that you're claiming.
      It does piss me off an for different reasons that have nothing to do with this woman lying to get into Harvard.

It pisses me off because if the way whites treated Native Indians in those days, called them savages and then now in turn, claim them every second they get.

Also, not knowing the specific tribe my mothers side of my family comes from does't mean I don't know that culture. I live my culture every day, unlike you and the rest of the majority of white America.

Simply because it's part of my language, which is Nahuatl and the very Spanish I speak has those words in it, and believe it or not so do you and you don't even know it. The holidays I celebrate, the music I listen to, the legends that have been passed down word to mouth. So you can try and make it sound like I have no connection like you do to Europe, but I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        Because I was born in the U.S. So if I call myself Mexican, it would be because of blood and not nationality. I'm also not viewed as full American by most racist pricks, so I chose Chicano.....Brown Pride
        http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...91&postcount=3

Comment

Originally posted by 915angel View Post
          whats the difference between a chicano hispanic or latino??

why is carne asada so good??
          This is a hard question to answer without offending people.

Hispanic is anyone who speaks Spanish. So technically anyone regardless of race can be Hispanic.

Latino are people that come from a certain part of Europe, mainly Spain and Portugal that have roots in the the Latin language. I am NOT Latino, I have never been to Europe and other than the conquerors that came to Mexico, I have no roots there that I am familiar with.

Chicano is a person who is of Mexican blood born in the U.S, it best describes me and who I am.

Carne asada is delicious by the way but the best Mexican dish is Mole con pollo. It's my death row meal.

Comment

It does piss me off an for different reasons that have nothing to do with this woman lying to get into Harvard.
            So you don't have a problem with her taking a college spot and jobs away from real Native Americans?

It pisses me off because if the way whites treated Native Indians in those days, called them savages and then now in turn, claim them every second they get.
            It pisses you off because of the way their ancestors supposedly treated Native Indians? Seek professional help.

Also, not knowing the specific tribe my mothers side of my family comes from does't mean I don't know that culture. I live my culture every day, unlike you and the rest of the majority of white America.
            There's no need to make any more ignorant assumptions about me. You already made enough about Zimmerman in an attempt to make political hay out of a tragedy.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jim Jeffries;12104737]
              So you don't have a problem with her taking a college spot and jobs away from real Native Americans?
              If that's what she did then yes I do.

It pisses you off because of the way their ancestors supposedly treated Native Indians? Seek professional help.
              Supposedly? And I'm the one that needs help.

There's no need to make any more ignorant assumptions about me. You already made enough about Zimmerman in an attempt to make political hay out of a tragedy.
              I made a political case of the ZImmerman case because of what I said? Oh man, you are on a roll today. Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today or are you really channeling that assh.ole in your avi?

Comment

If that's what she did then yes I do.
                She is on record doing so.

Supposedly? And I'm the one that needs help.
                So every white person you see, you think they have relatives/ancestors that definitely mistreated natives? Even if they are first generation Americans? Yeah, seek help.

I made a political case of the ZImmerman case because of what I said? Oh man, you are on a roll today. Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today or are you really channeling that assh.ole in your avi?
                You made a statement that Zimmerman was prejudiced towards black and brown people, despite the fact that he's brown and has a great grandparent who is black. In an attempt to make political hay, because you're a (rather misinformed) partisan political hack.
                Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 05-09-2012, 01:05 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jim Jeffries;12104784]
                  She is on record doing so.
                  Then she is wrong

So every white person you see, you think they have relatives/ancestors that definitely mistreated natives? Even if they are first generation Americans? Yeah, seek help.
                  Not even close, I merely pointed out the irony of how 200 years ago, Native Americans were seen as savages and animals by whites and now the same group claims them in their blood line. I don't have anything against white people even though you have made this accusation of me a few times now.

You made a statement that Zimmerman was prejudiced towards black and brown people, despite the fact that he's brown and has a great grandparent who is black. In an attempt to make political hay, because you're a (rather misinformed) partisan political hack.
                  When did I make this statement? All I said is that there is such thing as institutionalized racism and Zimmerman most likely exhibited that. I never thought for one second he saw Martin and thought, "There's a black person let me go shoot him" I just said that the fact that Martin was black and he had experiences with black people in that neighborhood in the past by his own admission he lumped Martin in with those people and made a bad decision in following a kid with a loaded gun even after being told not to do so by the police dispatcher.

Comment

This is a hard question to answer without offending people.

Hispanic is anyone who speaks Spanish. So technically anyone regardless of race can be Hispanic.

Latino are people that come from a certain part of Europe, mainly Spain and Portugal that have roots in the the Latin language. I am NOT Latino, I have never been to Europe and other than the conquerors that came to Mexico, I have no roots there that I am familiar with.

Chicano is a person who is of Mexican blood born in the U.S, it best describes me and who I am.

Carne asada is delicious by the way but the best Mexican dish is Mole con pollo. It's my death row meal.
                    Latino = Italian descent.
                    Hispanic = Spaniard descent.

Why do Cholas like to draw on their eyebrows?

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                      Latino = Italian descent.
                      Hispanic = Spaniard descent.

Why do Cholas like to draw on their eyebrows?
                      I don't know, back when I was kicking it they did that with the super high poofy hair. They are some fine hynas though and the best thing about a dating a chola is that if you get into a fight you have back up.

Comment

Working...
                      X