No announcement yet.

**the official la lakers thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
    Why are you acting like Aldridge is levels above Cousins or something?

He really isn't.

Better from range, yeah.

Everything else, they are pretty much dead even.
    I agree with this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      Don't think he cares too much for winning a title. Moreso about being the highest paid with a max deal

we can pay max

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        The Lakers whole season was garbage time. Teams didn't take us seriously when they played us. Will Clarkson be able to play like this when he has a long term deal and teams are giving us their best shot and playing him hard?

I don't know and I think any Lakers fan needs to be careful about inflating what he did last year.

We do not know if either Clarkson, randle or Russell can truly play in the NBA. we know Boogie can and we know what he can produce.
        With Cousins and without Clarkson, Randall and Russell, the Lakers are still a ****ty team. Cousins is good but he's not THAT good. If he was good enough to turn around the Lakers without key players, Sacramento would have won a lot more games and they had a deeper team than the Lakers. Giving up the future for another 30 game season is as dumb as it gets.

I also don't understand why you keep questioning whether Clarkson can play in the NBA. He's playing in the NBA now whether you consider it or not. He didn't make the all rookie team for nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          we can pay max
          I wouldn't pay that fool max. But it actually sounds like something the Lakers would do. I haven't heard anything about them being interested though

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            I think its easier to find guys that can give the team what Clarkson/randle /Russell could than what cousins could.

My guess is they don't make the trade.
            No you don't. Lakers have a rich history of drafting great guards.

Jerry West
            Magic Johnson
            Kobe Bryant

Is D'Angelo Russell next??? We'll see.

But they can always sign someone like Monroe and get a quality big there. Randle is going to be solid IMO. He has an improved jump shot, can drive the lane, can post up when needed. Clarkson paired with Russell gives the Lakers their backcourt for the next decade probably. Even if one doesn't pan out as expected, Russell Westbrook is looking for a new home in 2017 when OKC doesn't win anything the next couple years.

There's too much young potential there with Russell, Randle, and Clarkson. Besides, DeMarcus Cousins whether he's traded somewhere else or not will still be a FA 3 years from now at 27 years old. You can always get him then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              I wouldn't pay that fool max. But it actually sounds like something the Lakers would do. I haven't heard anything about them being interested though

pay max to jordan where the cap increases and it doesn't look as bad in a year or start Robert Sacre?

Comment

• Offering Kawhi a max offer as soon as FA starts would force SA's hand and make signing Aldridge much more difficult, leading him to us. But as many of ya'll have said, Deandre is a hand and glove fit with with Randle at the 4. If Randle develops like I think he will DJ and JR are a top 3 front court. And if all goes to hell, Tyson chandler is a nice patch at center to keep us afload for a few seasons.

Comment

pay max to jordan where the cap increases and it doesn't look as bad in a year or start Robert Sacre?
                  Robert Sacre=Next Wilt Chamberlain

Comment

LOL Sacre a cholo tho.

Comment

I would go after these guys in this order.....

Deandre Jordan
                      Greg Monroe
                      Lamarcus Aldridge
                      Robin Lopez

If you can't get one of those Top 3, go after Robin Lopez for a 3-4 years. That way you at least have a decent big in Lopez to pair with Randle. Then next year you can go full bore after Durant, Butler, Beal, etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X