Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gully Gad View Post
    lol

Thats what im sayin....

Whateva gwaaned with that fight do you know bruv?

I heard it was tito that actually pulled out
    Yeah that's true, however there was a lot more to the situation than that. I don't know all the details, and they've probablly been pretty closely guarded so it's hard for anyone to say, but I think they'd essentially agreed on Tito's compensation, but Dana refused to present a contract. There was some other somewhat shady ****, but basically Tito pulled the plug and then issued a statement, while Dana tried to spin it to make Tito out to be a *****.

Comment

It was because Tito wasn't getting any money for it. He wanted monetary compensation and the fight to be broadcast on PPV but the S.PIKE execs didn't want to, in fact they weren't going to cover it at all and it was just gonna be a closed door thing. He was annoyed that he had pulled out of some paid appearances to train to fight White and wasn't going to do it for free.

Ortiz explained in a post on his MySpace.com blog that he had already given up time and lost promotional fees to train for the fight against White, but decided against continuing after White and ****e TV declined to sign a contract agreeing to monetary and other terms, such as filming the fight for broadcast on pay per view television.

After canceling several paid personal appearances in order to train for the fight and undergoing routine medical tests, he received a call from Craig (Piligian, ****e TV’s Senior Vice President of Sports and Specials), who said that “Dana (White) says that they are not going to shoot the fight (for PPV) or cover it in anyway. So this was a real lose, lose situation for me. I lost out on money for appearances. Now I was losing out on promotion and big dollars for the PPV. He didn't want to cut me in on the deal. So as a business man I couldn't do the fight.”

Ortiz also said that he has a “very big fight with (Rashad) Evans” coming up on July 7th. “Why would I risk my health and that fight for free?” he asked, referring to the White boxing match. “I wasn't going to make anything for it. I was not going to get taken advantage of as a fighter or a businessman. You tell me if I made the right decision. Hopefully this will get ironed out and will be done right the next time. Just trying to do business.”
      Now I can understand from a businessman perspective that you want to make money. But you asked for the match, you wanted to fight him so what difference does it make. I'm not saying he's a ***** because he ain't. But this just adds to why I think Tito is more interested in the money side than beng a fighter. I mean lets be honest he'd wipe the floor with White. And personally if I hated someone that much I'd do it for free and behind closed doors just so I could kick ten bells outta them. This is what confuses me about Tito's decisions. When it suits him he's a fighter, when it doesn't he's a businessman. He's the Mariah Carey of MMA.

Comment

Originally posted by jakkups View Post
        It was because Tito wasn't getting any money for it. He wanted monetary compensation and the fight to be broadcast on PPV but the S.PIKE execs didn't want to, in fact they weren't going to cover it at all and it was just gonna be a closed door thing. He was annoyed that he had pulled out of some paid appearances to train to fight White and wasn't going to do it for free.

Now I can understand from a businessman perspective that you want to make money. But you asked for the match, you wanted to fight him so what difference does it make. I'm not saying he's a ***** because he ain't. But this just adds to why I think Tito is more interested in the money side than beng a fighter. I mean lets be honest he'd wipe the floor with White. And personally if I hated someone that much I'd do it for free and behind closed doors just so I could kick ten bells outta them. This is what confuses me about Tito's decisions. When it suits him he's a fighter, when it doesn't he's a businessman. He's the Mariah Carey of MMA.
        Again I don't know all of the details, particularly regarding Ortiz's finances, but to be fair how many people can just take time out like that? People tend not to realize that these guys have lives outside of the sport of MMA. Given Tito's financial standing and his celebrity status, I'm sure he's involved in a lot of side ventures and different ****.

I'm sort of playing devils advocate here, but I think a lot of this stuff went on behind the scenes so we'll probably never know all of the details, e.g. if there had been a promise of monetary compensation (for instance a verbal agreement). I would suspect that this was indeed the case and that when the binding agreement on compensation failed to materialize Tito pulled out.

Once again, I think this was all simply a ploy to hype Dana White and make it appear as though he's a fighter. I'm pretty sure Tito could tie either hand behind has back and kayo White with the other hand but we'll never know.

By the way, I've had some amateur boxing experience myself. Maybe I should box Tito.
        Last edited by Drunken Cat; 06-11-2009, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Nice 1 Organik and Jakkups for the heads up on the Ortiz thing...

I gotta agree with Jakkups on the Tito bottled out because he should of took that fight..If he hated White like he said he did he should of wanted to knock the man out for free....

Comment

I gotta agree with Jakkups on the Tito bottled out because he should of took that fight..If he hated White like he said he did he should of wanted to knock the man out for free....
            Time is money. Tito has bills, mortgages, etc. like everyone else, and like I said not many people can simply take that sort of time off. Again, I'm sure there was an agreement in place which was re-negged on. I doubt that Tito just woke up one morning with a hair up his ass and decided to demand compensation.

Comment

im with Organik. no way tito punked out.

lets put it this way, when it comes to fighting tito crushes dana. any type of fight he ripps danas head clean of. but when it comes to contracts, negotiating and politics dana outmatches tito by just as much.

tito handles buisness in the octagon, dana handles buisness behind a desk. and he somehow was able ot get tito to look like he punked out. we all know tito isnt scared of dana, i really think if it came down to it and dana really had to fight tito he wouldve turned his back and ran away.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                im with Organik. no way tito punked out.

lets put it this way, when it comes to fighting tito crushes dana. any type of fight he ripps danas head clean of. but when it comes to contracts, negotiating and politics dana outmatches tito by just as much.

tito handles buisness in the octagon, dana handles buisness behind a desk. and he somehow was able ot get tito to look like he punked out. we all know tito isnt scared of dana, i really think if it came down to it and dana really had to fight tito he wouldve turned his back and ran away.
                Exactly. Hence, my impression that it was merely a self-promotional ploy by White.

Comment

I don't think he bottled out, as much as I think that he is more interested in money than fighting. That's one thing I will agree on with Dana. I didn't agree with the butcher job Dana did on the Bad Blood show which basically made Tito out to be a *****. There was no need for that. And anyone with half a brain knows that Tito would, as they say, whoop dat ass.

I agree with Organik that the whole story isn't being told and said earlier that it's a lot more personal than it is business. What ever is getting said behind closed doors is the real issues at hand. Both sides are thowing mud at each other over petty stuff which is like seeing 2 divas having a catfight over who has the bigger dressing room with the most flowers.

Both guys are to blame for their situation. It's a clash of egos. Like two assclowns trying outdo each other in order to prove that they have the bigger dick.

Comment

I don't think he bottled out, as much as I think that he is more interested in money than fighting. That's one thing I will agree on with Dana.
                    The point I have to make here is that Dana White has absolutely no credibility to make such comments regarding Tito's motives when it comes to money, zero whatsoever. When you consider the particulars, Dana White is about the furthest from an objective voice on the matter that you could ever find. As such, while Tito is clearly interested in making money, so is everybody else in the world, and the man simply needs to be remunerated for what he's worth. Dana White would just assume that his fighters be slaves, and it is pretty obvious by his actions that he essentially regards them as such. In reality, in challenging White, Tito was fighting for all fighters, not just for himself. If he cared so much about making money, maybe he should've just kept his mouth shut. Maybe he should've just shut up and sucked Dana's **** so as to show his subordination.

I didn't agree with the butcher job Dana did on the Bad Blood show which basically made Tito out to be a *****. There was no need for that. And anyone with half a brain knows that Tito would, as they say, whoop dat ass.
                    I would argue that the butcher job was more a result of the original designs than a consequence of the "falling out."

I agree with Organik that the whole story isn't being told and said earlier that it's a lot more personal than it is business. What ever is getting said behind closed doors is the real issues at hand.

Both sides are thowing mud at each other over petty stuff which is like seeing 2 divas having a catfight over who has the bigger dressing room with the most flowers.

Both guys are to blame for their situation. It's a clash of egos. Like two assclowns trying outdo each other in order to prove that they have the bigger dick.
                    I share the views expressed below on this matter. I couldn't have said it any better myself.

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                    the diffrence is tito is allowed to have a ****ing ego. nobody gives a **** about dana white. nobody wants to see his ugly ass all the time in build ups and on TUF. if tito have a big ego, well thats part of danas job to handle. cuz thats how fighters are. but he lets his own big ass ego get in the way, and he shouldnt have one to begin with.

i dont know exactly whats up, all i know is tito is a cool dude and dana is a arrogant dickhead. so if tito says danas act aint right, my guess is tito is right. and im not even a fan of his.
                    -Cosigned, every word.

Comment

In reality, in challenging White, Tito was fighting for all fighters, not just for himself.
                      Just to clarify, I didn't mean 'challenge' in a boxing ring, I meant 'challenge' on a negotiating level.

Comment

Working...
                      X