Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dana White: “You Perform Or You Go Away”

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol the "anti-machida system" needs to go.

i know im gonna be told why this benefits MMA overall, but idc.
    right now its the machida fanboys clammering the most for this.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze778 View Post
      Dana needs to implement a yellow card system like Pride, or gtfo.

He has the power and authority, so why not take action instead of complaining about it just to win brownie points from frustrated fans.

This would work if the UFC did what Pride used to do. PRIDE was different in that they didn't do win bonuses, just flat fees except for their tournaments. So if you agreed to fight for $50,000 and you got yellow carded three times, that'd be 15000 off your final pay check regardless of if you won or lost.

But they do need the yellow card system in the UFC

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayRob View Post
        and the 10pt system needs to go
        What would it be replaced with though? A scoring system like wrestling, where you get so many points for takedowns, throws, reversals, escapes, maybe extra points then for the guy who seems to land more strikes and performs more sub attempts? Has any other MMA org tried any other system?
        Last edited by Anthony342; 11-27-2010, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
          This would work if the UFC did what Pride used to do. PRIDE was different in that they didn't do win bonuses, just flat fees except for their tournaments. So if you agreed to fight for $50,000 and you got yellow carded three times, that'd be 15000 off your final pay check regardless of if you won or lost.

But they do need the yellow card system in the UFC
          Quick question on that. Soccer uses yellow cards right? Like, a yellow card means a warning and then if there was another infraction or too many, there would be a red card and a player would get ejected. So, did Pride ever use red cards to DQ anyone? Was that ever a rule there? Sorry, haven't watched much Pride yet. I do plan on it though, when I finish going through some other fights first.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
            What about the Ultimate Hugging Championships Dana? You seem to be giving the worst lay and prayers title shots...
            Amen, exactly what I was thinking when I read this topic.
            Last edited by Anthony342; 11-27-2010, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
              What about the Ultimate Hugging Championships Dana? You seem to be giving the worst lay and prayers title shots...
              Regardless of how you feel about wrestlers and regardless of how entertaining they are, they are performing.

Standing around hunched over like James Toney for 3 rounds and not doing anything is not performing.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                What would it be replaced with though? A scoring system like wrestling, where you get so many points for takedowns, throws, reversals, escapes, maybe extra points then for the guy who seems to land more strikes and performs more sub attempts? Has any other MMA irg tried any other system?
                Basically like Pride, where individual rounds aren't scored, but the judges pick who they thought won the entire fight based on who caused the most damage.

Lets say fighter-A wins the first 2 rounds. They're close and competitive rounds, but fighter-A won them without too much dispute.

But fighter-B wins the 3rd round in an all out ass whipping. Beating up his opponent to the point where if there was a 4th round, fighter-A probably wouldn't last that round.

The judges would give Fighter-B the win.

The system is still not fool proof all the time and Pride has had some bad decisions as well, but I think it's less controversial than the 10 pt system.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze778 View Post
                  Basically like Pride, where individual rounds aren't scored, but the judges pick who they thought won the entire fight based on who caused the most damage.

Lets say fighter-A wins the first 2 rounds. They're close and competitive rounds, but fighter-A won them without too much dispute.

But fighter-B wins the 3rd round in an all out ass whipping. Beating up his opponent to the point where if there was a 4th round, fighter-A probably wouldn't last that round.

The judges would give Fighter-B the win.

The system is still not fool proof all the time and Pride has had some bad decisions as well, but I think it's less controversial than the 10 pt system.

Another Machida fan venting

Comment

Originally posted by monaroCountry View Post
                    Actually, I won money betting on my boy Rampage. Pretty ironic.

Nice try though.

Comment

Originally posted by monaroCountry View Post
                      he was explaining the system, fail troll is fail

Comment

Working...
                      X