Collapse
No announcement yet.

GMO Crops Don’t Harm Human Health, Report Says

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my opinion GMO's don't really harm you or pose a threat to your health. GMO's are just the insertions of genes (non harmful genes) to better the food. Yes the food isn't in its original state but that doesn't necessarily mean it will harm us just because its been tampered with. An example of this is apples, originally apples contain a non glossy skin but scientists have added a glossy gene to the apples skin to look attractive. The addition of the glossy gene, I don't think, can pose a risk to us when when eat it, it contains non harmful properties. There are a lot of crops that are grown organically (non pestisides) but the seeds themselves are a GMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Lords View Post
      In my opinion GMO's don't really harm you or pose a threat to your health. GMO's are just the insertions of genes (non harmful genes) to better the food. Yes the food isn't in its original state but that doesn't necessarily mean it will harm us just because its been tampered with. An example of this is apples, originally apples contain a non glossy skin but scientists have added a glossy gene to the apples skin to look attractive. The addition of the glossy gene, I don't think, can pose a risk to us when when eat it, it contains non harmful properties. There are a lot of crops that are grown organically (non pestisides) but the seeds themselves are a GMO.
      But you wouldn't have a problem with labeling GMOs so that the people who don't trust them can avoid them, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Lords View Post
        I don't know... A lot of people have stated that they have felt a million times better when eating strictly non-gmo foods.

All in the head? Maybe, but I doubt it.

Would rather be safe than sorry and just steer clear of GMO.

Comment

We're been genetically modifying foods for centuries now with no ill effect on human health, but I'm certain that won't stop conspi******s from thinking the worst. The banana is a perfect example. Ever seen what a wild banana looks like? The things are practically inedible.

But whatever. It's all a conspiracy because Jews.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
            We're been genetically modifying foods for centuries now with no ill effect on human health, but I'm certain that won't stop conspi******s from thinking the worst. The banana is a perfect example. Ever seen what a wild banana looks like? The things are practically inedible.

But whatever. It's all a conspiracy because Jews.

inbreeding, selective breeding, artificially migrating populations from one area to another, are different from engineering genes. humans have only been able to do this since the 70's. GM organisms have DNA from unrelated organisms introduced for desirable traits. resistance to disease, production of a certain vitamin, yeild, sweetness, snake size, etc.

but the jews are definitely responsible. and no peer reviewed science has come out, as far as i know, that says GMOs are bad for public health. jews.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              inbreeding, selective breeding, artificially migrating populations from one area to another, are different from engineering genes. humans have only been able to do this since the 70's. GM organisms have DNA from unrelated organisms introduced for desirable traits. resistance to disease, production of a certain vitamin, yeild, sweetness, snake size, etc.

but the jews are definitely responsible. and no peer reviewed science has come out, as far as i know, that says GMOs are bad for public health. jews.
              They're different from engineering genes, but they are genetically modified. It doesn't matter if it's inbreeding, selective breeding, alteration of growing habit to alter shape or size, alteration of nutritional content via a changed nutrients in the soil, or whatever. At the end of the day you're still altering the genetics of the crop by engaging in these behaviors and creating newer and better crops as a result.

As a fat yank who loves food, I'm all for it. Get as much flavor and nutrients in that **** as you possibly can. Sweeter corn? Juicier tomatoes? Crisper lettuce? Fatter grapes?

:wank: :wank: :wank: :wank:

These non-GMO conspi******s can have their lame ass old school food. I want the new breed of nutritionally superior fruits and veggies with fast twice muscle fibers that are going to dominate the produce aisle like blacks dominate boxing, yafeelme?
              Last edited by ßringer; 05-25-2016, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigNuts View Post
                I don't know... A lot of people have stated that they have felt a million times better when eating strictly non-gmo foods.

All in the head? Maybe, but I doubt it.

Would rather be safe than sorry and just steer clear of GMO.
                People who eat non GMO foods are people who eat healthy so of course they're going to feel good, there diets are not full of junk food.

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                But you wouldn't have a problem with labeling GMOs so that the people who don't trust them can avoid them, right?
                No, I don't have a problem with that.
                Last edited by Lords; 05-25-2016, 05:23 PM.

Comment

They're different from engineering genes, but they are genetically modified. It doesn't matter if it's inbreeding, selective breeding, alteration of growing habit to alter shape or size, alteration of nutritional content via a changed nutrients in the soil, or whatever. At the end of the day you're still altering the genetics of the crop by engaging in these behaviors and creating newer and better crops as a result.

As a fat yank who loves food, I'm all for it. Get as much flavor and nutrients in that **** as you possibly can. Sweeter corn? Juicier tomatoes? Crisper lettuce? Fatter grapes?

:wank: :wank: :wank: :wank:

These non-GMO conspi******s can have their lame ass old school food. I want the new breed of nutritionally superior fruits and veggies with fast twice muscle fibers that are going to dominate the produce aisle like blacks dominate boxing, yafeelme?
                  Hell yea, I feel you.

Comment

We're been genetically modifying foods for centuries now with no ill effect on human health, but I'm certain that won't stop conspi******s from thinking the worst.
                    Don't confuse selective breeding with the altering of DNA by inserting genes from a different species.

EDIT: I see that New England already beat me to the punch.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      Don't confuse selective breeding with the altering of DNA by inserting genes from a different species.
                      See above, 'tardo.

It's cool though. You can stay paranoid about GMOs and avoid them if you want to. The next generation will be raised entirely on GMOs and will produce better conditioned human beings with longer lifespans and greater athletic prowess.

Meanwhile the generation raised on traditional foods will have weaker immune systems, be asthmatic, have shorter lifespans, and be completely incapable of finding the clitoris.

Comment

Working...
                      X