No announcement yet.

who does eubabk jnr fight and why

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    I wish people would stop with the Eubank fighting GGG next, Eubank isn't fighting GGG anytime soon. That fight would be talked about but would never happen until GGG turns 37ish, I saw this with Hatton when he talked about fighting Tsyzu back in 2001 when Tsyzu was facing Judah. Hearn would never put Eubank in there with GGG until they feel he has a chance at dethroning him.

The way I see it, Eubank wants to make a steady progress up the ranking like Tyson fury did then by the time he gets more fights under his belt he would go after whoever is at top at that time.
    This is my point exactly, hence why its hard to see why eubanks made the career moves he has. What is his plan? Doesnt seem to add up

Comment

Nobodies..because he's a British fighter....

Comment

Originally posted by artofpugilism View Post
        I was just wondering everyones opinion on who eubank jnr will fight next, after doran . After snubbing a world title shot vs jacobs in favor of a british title fight against blackwell and fighting for matchroom again im just wondering who everybody thinks are in the pipeline for eubank.
        2/3 title defenses gets you the Lonsdale belt for keeps (inconsistent info, at the moment), so I'd figure that Eubanks does that before committing to world level

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
          2/3 title defenses gets you the Lonsdale belt for keeps (inconsistent info, at the moment), so I'd figure that Eubanks does that before committing to world level
          I fully understand that, but why fight at world level then go back for the lonsdale. And why go with eddie if your only fighting domestic, no scenario seems to make sense!! If that was the plan hed of been better off sticking with channel 5 then getting a better deal out of hearn. Hearn provides no advantage to euabank getting domestic fights, he eill only take a bigger cut. Pretty sure your right it is 3 defenses

Comment

understood why he didnt take the jacobs fight, he needs to develop as a fighter
            but 2 more bum fights then its GGG? Hell no, bad move.
            BJS, Jacobs then GGG would be ideal

Comment

I think Khurtsidze makes a lot of sense for Eubank. He's similar to Chudinov, who Eubank beat the hell out of, and he's also high ranked across the board. If GGG fights Saunders next and Chris beat Khurtsidze, he'd be GGG's mando for the WBO, WBC, and maybe WBA.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                I wish people would stop with the Eubank fighting GGG next, Eubank isn't fighting GGG anytime soon. That fight would be talked about but would never happen until GGG turns 37ish, I saw this with Hatton when he talked about fighting Tsyzu back in 2001 when Tsyzu was facing Judah. Hearn would never put Eubank in there with GGG until they feel he has a chance at dethroning him.

The way I see it, Eubank wants to make a steady progress up the ranking like Tyson fury did then by the time he gets more fights under his belt he would go after whoever is at top at that time.
                exactly eubank will only fight a guy he knows he can beat

Comment

I fully understand that, but why fight at world level then go back for the lonsdale. And why go with eddie if your only fighting domestic, no scenario seems to make sense!! If that was the plan hed of been better off sticking with channel 5 then getting a better deal out of hearn. Hearn provides no advantage to euabank getting domestic fights, he eill only take a bigger cut. Pretty sure your right it is 3 defenses
                  Eddie Hearn is the pathway to PPV in Britain (which is where the "no need to ever travel anywhere" money is made).

Sky Sports is the seeming Big Kahuna of British Boxing, and Hearn has more connections at world level than seeming every other outfit.

If Eubank can show out as the third fight on Joshua's PPV, and then show out again as third fight/chief support for the coming Brook-Vargas PPV, after showing out on the December Joshua PPV against Spike O'Sullivan, you start to build the case for Eubank being his own headliner at world level.

Not too different than the approach taken with Canelo, tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                    Eddie Hearn is the pathway to PPV in Britain (which is where the "no need to ever travel anywhere" money is made).

Sky Sports is the seeming Big Kahuna of British Boxing, and Hearn has more connections at world level than seeming every other outfit.

If Eubank can show out as the third fight on Joshua's PPV, and then show out again as third fight/chief support for the coming Brook-Vargas PPV, after showing out on the December Joshua PPV against Spike O'Sullivan, you start to build the case for Eubank being his own headliner at world level.

Not too different than the approach taken with Canelo, tbh.
                    100% correct. If you read one of my posts on the bottom of the first page my only explanation was the one you have just provided, but i cant see the advantage at donestic level. Eubank can pick and choose neway and pull a much bigger audience on freeview tv and be main event

Comment

100% correct. If you read one of my posts on the bottom of the first page my only explanation was the one you have just provided, but i cant see the advantage at donestic level. Eubank can pick and choose neway and pull a much bigger audience on freeview tv and be main event
                      The money is likely a tenth of what he can get with Sky Sports on freeview TV.

The Eubanks seem to value the image of being "Britain's champion", but Eubank Jr has the talent, from what I can see, to actually be a world-level MW fighter (and possibly the best MW on the planet, if the talent shows out).

With ambitions beyond simply fighting at domestic level, freeview TV in the UK isn't the place to be.

Comment

Working...
                      X