No announcement yet.

Rewatched Cotto vs Canelo: It's A Toss Up, The Scorecards Were Insane

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
    Cotto should have paid those sanctioning fees. No way the wbc was going to let him win. I agree it was a sabotage in the judging
    Not if he looked at it as a cash out fight. Better to have 800k win or lose.

Comment

I didn't care who won the fight, i'm a fan of neither and i had Canelo winning. I honestly didn't think it was that close. No way i could give Cotto more than 4 rounds without looking for any excuse to give him the round.

Comment

Scorecards were too wide for me too. I think Cotto got a very raw deal from the judges against both Floyd and Canelo. He wasn't given any of the close rounds in either fight.

Comment

I struggled to make gifs on my official thread and I really respect Cotto. There were even rounds where he out landed Canelo but lost the round because Canelo landed the more quality shots. Only managed to give him 4 rounds.
          Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 02-08-2016, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
            Scorecards generally sucks.
            For example, Mayweather vs Castillo I was very close and many saw Castillo win, but judges saw Mayweather winning by two or three rounds.
            Mayweather vs Pacquiao one judge had Pacquiao winning only two rounds!

Judges are PAID. They are corrupt as ****.

The best way to judge a fight is to turn sound off and watch yourself. If you can slow the speed of the video a bit, better.
            yet you didnt take time to score the fight in the thread

didnt even have the balls to even put your scorecard in the thread

just goes to show you how much of a troll you are

not one single poster who claimed JLC won the fight even bothered to score the fight

keep up the trolling son, you need a bit more practice

you're not even a boxing fan

Comment

Cotto won the Canelo fight, and I agree, the scores in the Mayweather fight were ridiculous as well. Canelo won't be able to escape a rematch, though. The bottom line is that only the "US" had Canelo winning the Cotto fight. Both Mexico and Puerto Rico thought Cotto won. And this event was all about PR and Mexico. When your own country feels you lost, you're going to need to set the record straight. I believe Cotto's doing a smart thing by waiting everything out.

Comment

I had it 7 rounds to 5 for Cotto
                I liked Cottos strategy and combinations. Not sure what Canelos strategy was, the jab wasn't there consistently, on the defensive far too long and a lot of pot shotting. Few combinations.
                People liked Canelos pot shots but let's be honest he fought like crap and looked like crap. "But Cotto wore pink doe"

Last edited by KeyboardWarrior; 02-08-2016, 01:38 PM.

Comment

judges have destroyed boxing. This was a close fight yes.

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
                    Why would he do that? To get ko'd by ggg next fight?
                    Because gg hypothetically beats everyone right?

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                      I had Khan winning
                      Khanelo???

Comment

Working...
                      X