Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spontaneous Human Combustion: Fact or Fiction?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spontaneous Human Combustion: Fact or Fiction?

Human idiopathic thermogenesis (burning of unknown origin) is a condition that is not very well understood by medical practitioners. The pathophysiology has not been able to be demonstrated conclusively, but there is a strong immunological and drug correlation; antibiotics, anticonvulsants, and nonsteroidal anti-imflammatory drugs are the most common causative agents.

Classifications of Idiopathic Thermogenesis in the Body

(from least to most severe)

1. Erthema exsudativum multiforme majus (EEMM)
    Skin detachment typical and/or atypical; involvement mostly on limbs

2. Stevens-Johnson Syndrome (SJS)
    Skin detachment with atypical target lesions and/or purpuric mascules in wide dissemination

3. SJS/TEN overlap
    Skin detachment between 10% and 30% of the body surface area with atypical target lesions and/or macules in wide dissemination

4. Toxic epidermal necrolysis (TEN) with maculae
    Skin detachment >30% of the body surface area, atypical target lesions and/or macules

5. Toxic epidermal necrolysis (TEN) on large erythema
    Skin detachment >10% of the body surface area without any targets or purpuric macules

6. Superhyperthermic carbonization (SHC)
    Deep burning of tissues and/or bones often resulting in complete carbonization of body; targets areas of greatest infirmity

These condiotions share similarities :
    -Occurs most frequently in winter followed by spring (SJS and SHC data)
    -Predominate in Caucasians
    -Gender nonspecific
    -Very rare with potential for misdiagnosis; etiology unknown
    -Older more likely to be effected with severe and/or fatal cases
    -Precipitated by disease and/or infirmity often linked to elevated free radicals
    -Precipitated by various medication usages and/or alcohol consumption
    -Often precipitated by increased exposure to ionizing radiation (cranial in TEN; total body SHC)
    -Radiation aftereffects noted on body (TEN) and/or in surroundings (SHC)

People who experienced this phenomenon:
    Two years prior to this date, in February of 1996, she experienced an explosion adjacent to her left shoulder blade which created a dark smoke that filled her kitchen. She reported feeling "something from the base of my back going up my back" (40). Her back remained hot and red for only fifteen minutes at which time her skin returned to normal.
    One patient diagnosed with TEN described her experience, "First I just had the rash on my face, arms, and legs, and then it was all over, even my lips and my eyes. I got these blisters like I was in one of those horror movies after a nuclear explosion
    While the less severe cases of i.t. are well documented within medical literature, the most severe (spontaneous human combustion) has yet to be a labeled bona fide condition.

Spontaneous human combustion - fact or fiction?

http://www.journaloftheoretics.com/A...rd%20IT1-3.pdf

complete bull****...

no scientific justification for it, no real recorded cases. people don't just burst into flames.

Also I googled "super-hyperthermic carbonisation" and there was nothing on the so called "condition" that I could find except your link...
    Last edited by Barn; 05-03-2013, 04:47 PM.

Comment

those "humans" are really vampires hit with a sun ray.

Comment

It's a side effect of Morgellons.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
          complete bull****...

no scientific justification for it, no real recorded cases. people don't just burst into flames.

Also I googled "super-hyperthermic carbonisation" and there was nothing on the so called "condition" that I could find except your link...
          it's a peer reviewed journal i looked at, not just some whacky source. while it's true shc is not awell documented case, you don't think it could be a more severe case of the lesser conditions?

Comment

Originally posted by Jerub_Baal View Post
            it's a peer reviewed journal i looked at, not just some whacky source. while it's true shc is not awell documented case, you don't think it could be a more severe case of the lesser conditions?
            I don't like their scientific justification of it. Some of the stuff they use is weird. In my humble opinion and somewhat limited knowledge.

They talk about the termination steps of free radicals that form stable arrangements, fine fair enough. This doesn't produce a lot of energy so they rightly don't mention it. However trying to say that in free radicals "Unpaired electrons also seek to annihilate with positrons, their antimatter counterparts"

Huh? That's ******ed. A positron is just as likely to react with a random electron in the bodies make up, in a random atom. That's the principle of PET scanners in hospitals (they use a positron tracer that reacts with electrons, images can be built up from the subsequent gamma rays)

Hence, to say that the combination of positrons and free radicals exclusively causes SHC is silly. If SHC does happen due to positron emmision then it's nothing to do with free radicals. As it would happen regardless of their presence.

Not to mention that MANY free radicals from in an instant, it is much more likely that they simply find a termination partner than come into contact with a positron anyway.

Also they say that "free radicals produce electrons". Free-radicals are substances/atoms/molecules with an unpaired electron, they are not electron emmiters...

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
              I don't like their scientific justification of it. Some of the stuff they use is weird. In my humble opinion and somewhat limited knowledge.

They talk about the termination steps of free radicals that form stable arrangements, fine fair enough. This doesn't produce a lot of energy so they rightly don't mention it. However trying to say that in free radicals "Unpaired electrons also seek to annihilate with positrons, their antimatter counterparts"

Huh? That's ******ed. A positron is just as likely to react with a random electron in the bodies make up, in a random atom. That's the principle of PET scanners in hospitals (they use a positron tracer that reacts with electrons, images can be built up from the subsequent gamma rays)

Hence, to say that the combination of positrons and free radicals exclusively causes SHC is silly. If SHC does happen due to positron emmision then it's nothing to do with free radicals. As it would happen regardless of their presence.

Not to mention that MANY free radicals from in an instant, it is much more likely that they simply find a termination partner than come into contact with a positron anyway.

Also they say that "free radicals produce electrons". Free-radicals are substances/atoms/molecules with an unpaired electron, they are not electron emmiters...
              I can understand the formation of free radicals being the justification for "skin burning" that is a result of intense radiation. Even though it's not so much "burning" as just damage that feels like a burning. Intense radiation does cause the production of free radicals that are volatile. They can mess up the make up of human organs due to this volatile nature, that much is correct. Therefore an increased radiation that breaks bonds, creates, free radicals and then effects the human organs isn't stupid. That's how people get sun-burned/wrinkled, believe it or not. However I feel the notion people can actually completely combust as a result of this is silly.

Comment

I believe it...i have an uncle that his arm caught on fire once for no reason it was pretty scary sh.it

Thank God there was a Home Depot by my house that's open 24/7 so i got a small fire extinguisher and some Duct Tape and tapped that shi.t to his leg also taped a smoke alarm to his chest, he caught on fire in his sleep a year later because we forgot to replace the battery on his smoke alarm

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                  I believe it...i have an uncle that his arm caught on fire once for no reason it was pretty scary sh.it

Thank God there was a Home Depot by my house that's open 24/7 so i got a small fire extinguisher and some Duct Tape and tapped that shi.t to his leg also taped a smoke alarm to his chest, he caught on fire in his sleep a year later because we forgot to replace the battery on his smoke alarm

i am dying

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post

is your uncle a chain smoker with narcolepsy who likes to where extremely flammable clothing by any chance?

Comment

Working...
                    X